geetha.manohar

Hello Everybody,
I find that employee banding/levels/grading by whatever name it is called is still in a primitive stage in a majority of the family-run businesses here.
Attached is a file on generic employee banding and levels. My opinion is this is ok for a small setup (less than 100 employees) with a simple org. structure.
What is your opinion? Looking forward to your responses.
Have a happy long weekend :-P :-P
Cheers :-P
Geetha

From India, Coimbatore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc EMPLOYEE BANDING & LEVELS.doc (29.0 KB, 3018 views)

shailakoppal

Hi Geetha
Thats a very useful post.
Can you please let me know if this has been implemented in any organization? The company that I am working for is also looking to get a grading system in place. However, the difficulty is that they have a very primitive & salary based grading system. The challenge is that senior guys, who have been here for a long time are not open to having a grading system which is scientific & benchmarked.
Have you also faced these challenges?
It would be informative if the forum can discuss this & share their experiences & views on this.
Shaila

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
vijeshkumark
Hi Geetha
Thanks a lot, wt a coincidence.I was abt to prepare grading for my co.and this one is going to help me a lot.My co. is not that big and can implement the same without much alteration.Once again thanks a lot for your timely support, even though its not intentional.Thank you geetha.
With Regards
Vijeshkumar.k

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
geetha.manohar

Hi Shaila,

Yes, it is being implemented in an organzation. My observation is - if the organization is a home-grown one, then there is the intention of turning it into a professional one. Intention is there, plans are approved but when you actually get down to implement it there is going to be a number of exceptions. (this is specific to org's keen on emiratization)

My approach here has been to give everything in small bites and introduce new things very very gradually. At times this approach is boring and frustrating but if my objective is to implement it successfully then this is how it works!!!!

'Scientific???' - what is that???!!! :) :)

For any HR initiative here to implement it directly to the mature stage is tough. There are very few people who understand, appreciate and approve the mature initiatives. Only the primitive 'easily visible' initiatives are accepted. Once this is implemented moving it to the next phase is fairly easy.

I re-iterate - this is not the scenario in MNC's. This is specific to 'quasi-government' like organizations here!!!

Geetha

From India, Coimbatore
suruchi_sinha
Hello Everyone,
i am trying to prepare employee band for a garment manufacturing firm, including the worker class. request you to please help me with some sample of gradings for the lower level (worker class...)
Thnaks
Suruchi

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.