No Tags Found!

asific
Dear CiteHRian, I need a solution to ease my job. We have a database around 13000 There is a column with First and Last name in each cell. I want only the first name Kindly support, Regards,
From India, Mumbai
r_das9

Dear Asif,
Kindly let me know which version of MS office u are using. In ms office 2003 there is an option under "data" menu called "text to columns ". With this you can split a column by selecting it and then using the above option.
Rupa

From India, Calcutta
ns_kulkarnid

Dear Asif, Use Left function or Right function as given in attached sample file. I hope this will solve your problem.
From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls example.xls (13.5 KB, 314 views)

Amit Pawar

Dear Asif, Please find attached file. This formula will help you to split the names in First Name , Middle Name & Last Name. Regards, Amit Pawar:icon6:
From India, Delhi
File Type: xls Split the Name - Formula.xls (13.5 KB, 515 views)

asific
Dear All,
Thanks a lot for ur support and guidance.
Please find enclosed a sample data.
What I need now is
1. I want only the First name seperated from full name (you can note the first name ending is identified by space or capital letter)
2. I want only 10 digit of mobile numbers i.e presently i have a series of 91-99677298848 and i want 9967298848.
i am using MS 2007 version.
Thanks in Advance,
Regards,

From India, Mumbai
File Type: xls sample data.xls (164.0 KB, 620 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.