No Tags Found!

pallavimisra
hello everyone
I ma a summer trainee with Aditya Birla Group. My project is on SOP recruitment and selection.I think psychometrics form an important part of it.
I urgently need the questionnaires of FIRO B , MBTI , DISC , 16PF , PPA , PAPI-N , Johari < Belbin team inventory.
pls help.
Regards
Pallavi:cry:

From India
Bruncha

Dear All,

I have some concerns over this. Bone fide psychometric tests are protected instruments. They should be used by only by those whose credentials and experience allow them to be certified to do adminster them and interpret them.

Furthermore, the tests themselves are the intellectual property of the companies that have developed them and or own the rignts to use them.

Posting the tests in an open forum may be not only of breach of professional ethics; it may represent theft of intellectual property

Lastly the posting of tests where anyone can download them and pass them around compromises the integrity of such instruments.

I would hope that HR professionals would follow international guidelines and protocols for psychometric testing.

While it IS appropriate to direct fellow professionals to the resources by which one can acquire the use of tests ( under specific conditions ); posting the instruments ( if in fact they are the " real" thing) is NOT appropriate

As a certified Level A and B Workplace Assessor by the BPS and one who is also qualified on other instruments by virtue of my clinical psychology degree and approvals from testing vendors in the USA, I feel obliged to tell all of you, this represents very shaky legal and professional ground.

Regards,

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
sushmavalluru

here all the postings doesn't contain the companies info, that is being posted.The members of this site are just sharing their knowledge with their members of this site.
We can get few examples of these tests from few websites.such a type of links or documents are also posted here.so i hope this is not breach of any ethics.
but as you told, we should not share tyhe info of our companies.
thank u.
keep posting.....................

From India, Hyderabad
Bruncha

"here all the postings doesn't contain the companies info, that is being posted.The members of this site are just sharing their knowledge with their members of this site.
We can get few examples of these tests from few websites.such a type of links or documents are also posted here.so i hope this is not breach of any ethics."
...Sharing knowledge is one thing...shared a copy righted instrument is another.
For example, I am very experienced in using the 15FQ+ ( similiar instrument to the 16PF) and I can post sample report and describe the instruments use. I would never post a copy of the test itself; neither would the test provider.
Test provider website, to the best of my knowledge, do not post the instruments, maybe a few samples questions, but not the instrument
Regards

nikkyblue

k..i hve some =)
From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc FIROB_QU.DOC (47.0 KB, 2979 views)
File Type: doc mbti.test.doc (93.5 KB, 3451 views)
File Type: doc ta.test.doc (86.5 KB, 2485 views)

mvs.murthy@pantaloon.com
I do agree to the fact that these tests have to be handled by trained professionals. further since they may be copyright protected the contents are not to be used. Reviewing them is a must!!!!:icon5:
From India, Mumbai
tsivasankaran

Dear Pallavi
Have you read and understood some of these tests? Have you undergone some of tehse?
Just by collecting these questionnaires what can you do?
You need the key
You can get the key as well But my advice would be to get trained in these instruments correctly
Siva

From India, Chennai
Bruncha

Hello, again

Indeed, to apprpropriately use, interpret and apply results of psychometric instruments, one requires appropriate training. Once againm I will remind the Cite HR participants, that the use of tools in a manner inconsistent with testing protocols is a questionable practice.

Of course, I realise that some will say, but training is expensive and buying the tools ( instead of sharing copyrighted materials) is costly.

However, you as a PROFESSIONAL have an obligation to do the right thing. The ends do not justify the means, in my humble opinion.

Test developers, and workplace assessors spend time and consideral resources to develop their expertise. Futhermore, you do your employees an injustice to use tools that you are not familiar with.

As far as what do the "letters" for the MBTI mean... I suggest you do your homework and read. Sorry if I sound harsh, but as we all now, HR gets a bad reputation when we act in ways that suggest, anyone can perform well in HR by gathering a few tools and using them in a haphazard way. If we are calling ourselves " professional' that we need to abide by the code of ethics and body of knowledge generally accepted as one the pillars of a professional role

For information on the MBTI...

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards,

sushmavalluru

ESTJ - Extraversion, Sensing, Thinking, Judging
INFP - Introversion, iNtuition, Feeling, Perceiving

From India, Hyderabad
Vareed
Quite agree with the unnamed author. Issues of copyright violation would implicate Citehr as well, if the attachements are not removed.
Kunjuvareed

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.