Anthropoi Started The Discussion:
Hello Everyone,

We are in the process of starting an overseas recruitment firm. I am looking for information on licenses and other legal aspects that need to be in place for such an enterprise and also for agents who could help us get the work done without much procrastination.

27th February 2008 From Qatar, Doha

Dear Mr.Kumar,

Please suggest me how to start a recruitment agency & what are the procedures? What document I required.

I am working in Gulf with multinational company and my company is ready to provide me visas to bring candidates from India, but they want me to start my own manpower consultancy or be a partner who already have license. At present I prefer to join with a manpower consultancy who already has license.

Sir, please advice me. And if I join with someone,what are the procedure to be done for my safe & for further dealings.

Kindly suggest.

Awaiting for your reply.

Best Regards,

26th August 2008 From Qatar
Dear Neha, I dont think there are any hassles in joining a consultancy firm, yeah you have to resign from your present job :) rgds, Pankaj Mittal
4th September 2008 From India, Gurgaon
Hi Mehul,

This is as per our discussion,please find below the query that i have related to overseas recruitment.

I'm from a marketing company we are into outsourcing as well. we need to recruit some people abroad probably srilanka,bangladesh and some neighbouring countries.

I want to know what are the legal formalities we need to do and whar are the legal issues associated with this.

If we pay the salary to perosn working abroad do we need to pay tax here for that
aslo that person will be following that locations tax laws or Laws of India.

Also is it compulsory to have office in that particular location where we want to recruit people.

Will be waiitng for your reply.

18th May 2009 From India, Chennai
Hi This is rajesh from chennai, ministry of overseas,licence holder,for further details call me +919677175555,
6th January 2010 From India, Madras
Hi This is rajesh from chennai, ministry of overseas,licence holder,for further details call me +919677175555,
6th January 2010 From India, Madras
We would like to start a Overseas manpower recruiting agency in ALL FIELDS. Kindly advise to whom we have to contact and application format, registration fee if any and further details in this regard
Thanking you

Please contact through E-Mail:
6th March 2010 From India, Coimbatore
we are in the man power recruitment business. We require the necessary details for obtaining licence for overseas recruitment. N john
6th March 2010 From India, Coimbatore
Protector General of Emigrants in MOIA, New Delhi, is the authority responsible for protecting the interest of Indian workers going abroad. PGE is also the registering authority to issue Registration Certificate to the Recruiting Agents (RAs) for overseas manpower exporting business.

Powers of Protector General of Emigrants are:

1. Power to grant the Registration Certificate (RC) under Section 11 and 12 of the Emigration Act, 1983 and renew the same under Section 13 of the Act.
2. Power to suspend, cancel and revoke the RC under Section 14 of the Act.
3. Power to issue permit to the foreign employer (FE) and Project Exporter (PE) under Chapter IV of the Act.
4. Power to sanction prosecution for offenses and penalties under Section 24 and 25 of the Act.
5. Power to search, seize and detain persons/conveyance, etc. conferred to an officer of customs under the Customs Act, 1962.
6. Power to prescribe any return, record or register for the RAs and inspect the same as well at their office under Section 36 of the Act.
7. Power of civil court under Section 37 of the Act.
8. Power to perform all or any of the functions assigned to any POE under Section 3(4) of the Act.

The Govt Registration Fee is INR 25,000 only but the problem is, "The applicant is required to deposit Bank Guarantee of Rs.20 Lakhs".

Registration process and other formalities are not so difficult to comply with, if you know the correct procedure.

You can do it yourself or take the services of consultant like me. Choice is yours.

Anil (aks35cbe at gmail dot com)
19th March 2010 From India, New Delhi
Hi! All,

this is dilip from mumbai & i am looking to have manpower recruitment license for over seas recruitment...

plz contact me asap on 9022188218 or mail me at

i need a complete consultation for getting the overseas recruitment license..

its urgent.

tnx in advance
dilip gour
19th March 2010 From India, Mumbai


Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network