shel Started The Discussion:first women in India.
• Delhi’s First Mayor: Aruna Asaf Ali (1958)
• Delhi’s First woman Chief Secretary: Shailja Chandra.
• First Asian woman magistrate appointed in United Kingdom: Kantha Talwar.
• First Asian woman mayor in United Kingdom: Lata Patel.
• First Indian woman President of Indian National Congress: Sarojini Naidu (1925).
• First Indian woman producer and director: Fatima begum, who produced and directed bulbul-e-parastan in 1926.
• First Indian woman to become miss universe: sushmita sen(1994)
• First Indian woman to become miss world: reita faria (1966).
• First Indian woman to climb Mt. Everest: bachendri pal
• First Indian woman to reach the final of an Olympic event: p.t. usha.
• First Indian woman boxer to win an international event: M.C.Merykom.
• First Indian woman to swim across the English Channel: Arati saha.
• First miss universe of the new millennium: Lara dutta.
• First woman central govt. Minister: rajkumari amrit kaur.
• First woman chief justice of a high court: Leila Seth (CJ 0f Himachal Pradesh,1991)
• First woman chief minister of an Indian state: Sucheta Kriplani (Uttar Pradesh from 1963-1967)
• First woman film star to be a member of rajya sabha: Nargis dutt.
• First woman governor of an Indian state: Sarojini Naidu (Uttar Pradesh from 1947-1948)
• First woman judge of the supreme court: Justice M.Fatima Beevi(1989)
• First woman speaker of an Indian state: Shano Devi.
• First woman speaker of Andhra Pradesh legislative assembly: kavali prathibha bharati;
• India’s first test –tube baby: kruti parekh
• India’s first woman railway driver: Surekha Yadao.
• India’s first woman tabla maestro: Dr Aban mistry.
• Youngest Indian to swim across the English channel: arati pradhan
• First woman officer of the Indian air force (IAF) to be promoted to the rank of air commodore: 55 year old padma Bandhopadhyay who was commissioned to the IAF in 1968.[/b]
If you have any insight on this, or if you are looking for information on the same topic, please engage with this member to help add value to this discussion.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.