Kindly suggest how can we see the percentage of employee leaving company on one day notice is less.
Recently we come across with two incident:
One of our software engineer working on live project informed us a week in advance that he wants to get relived after a week where in his appointment letter we have clearly mentioned that he need to serve a month notice. when had personal meeting we even informed him the same and told that if he do not serve a proper notice we would not give him reliving letter and the dues as well. he agreed that point of time and the day after that stopped coming to office.
The second employee from Business development department did the same.
Kindly discuss the issue and let me know how can we prevent these type of cases.
This is one kind of absconding wherein they wont even inform the HR.
Firstly to prevent this kind of situations, generally -
1. We can retain the original certificates/ relieving letters from the previous employment at the time of joining the candidate. so atleast for that some employees will stick on to our terms.
2. or in another case u can make him aware of the F&F Settlement like how many days he as to serve and when he resigned and xplain him that he has to pay the amount back to the company as he couldnt serve the notice period to have a clearance from ur company.
In your case, if you have any original certificates of him, retain with you so that he will cum back to you for them. Then you can do F & F for him.
so hereafter atleast you can retain the original certificates to avoid this kind of issues.
I m agree with Navya point... but still, now a days non or many co not prefer to keep original certificate of the employee because of any incident in the co... will cause huge setup to save such important document's, or if any happen to original certificate, like fire or any other natural incident will cause huge loss to individual employee also.... in that case.... as per my point of view.... a employer only have to take care while hiring any employee...
1. employee should be allow to use complete PL... till 0 balance or negative balance.......you have to keep some balance to claim in such cases...
2. you can also adjust their amount from their present salary & balance PL / CL / SL leaves, medical & LTA amount.... all this account will adjust in F&FS money....
3. never give salary certificate till the time of complete settlement....
this are only ways you can claim the money again their notice period.....
Following steps can be resorted to incase of employees leaving without notice.
1. Hold back all separation related documents such as relieving letter, experience certificates, salary certificates, etc,. till the notice period issue is resolved.
2. If the employee stops coming to work, treat the absence as unauthorised and as such any unauthorised absence beyond 7 days is considered as abandonement of employment - you can send him a termination letter to his residential address.
3. To prevent such acts, make this as a point during induction itself, so that everybody is aware of the consequences.
Giridhar is right.
We can't hold original certificates from the employee (It's so risk, if we misplaced)
Instead of that we can hold all the exit formalities (Releaving, Experiance and other letters from HR0
Some company's, generally do employee verification from previous and before 2 companies. that time you can intimate like " This employee absconded from the roles".
We used to do like this in my company.
In some post I read this post that it is unethical to collect original certificate of employees, and here you are likely to encourage this illegal, unethical and harassing process.
SHAME ON YOU.
You can't do anything except deduct his pay. Calculate his notice period and collect pay as dues.
Thank you very much for your suggestions, i told the guy if he do not serve the one month notice period we will not clear his due neither we will give any reliving letter to him, but still the guy stopped coming from the next day and we marked terminated. but for us i think it is ok to fill it as terminated and look for more option but the real problem comes when person is working on live project where in he is responsible for the important part and then the system people start making a drama as HR DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO STOP THESE KIND OF CASES.
So kindly tell me is it anyways possible to have remedy on this???
You should do the full & final in due course of time and recover the notice period amount from the same.
I know we can get the amt deducted from his/her F & F stet, but my worry is when a person is working on live project, we are loosing a ready resource and even if a new resource join in that period will not be that useful as the ex employee, and even clients are list bothered about the resources....so what can be done in this situation....as the technical people blame us for not retaining the guy as they have to suffer on ground level....
Anybody faced the same problem????? any recommendation to solve this issue?????
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.