The HR (Human Resources) has become an integral & essential part of any organization who works with humans. It not only solves the problems related to employee but also try to build a bridge between the management and staff. HR is the “Policy & Strategy Interpreter”. As a Country is known by its people…an organization is known by its
employees and hence it is the responsibility of this team to "Develop the
Employees" of the organization. The HR department doesn't produce anything or sell anything but it can help the rest of the company make things or sell things by smoothing the path on some matters. . In that scenario the role of HR generalist is very important. The good HR generalist goes about it differently. The HR Generalist looks to providing frameworks, rather than details, Look to serve rather than to command. Basically the following are the main functions of a HR generalist:
• Recruitment Management
• Joining Formalities
• Induction management
• Training Management
• Handling Employee Database (Both in Soft Form and Files Management)
• Handling the payroll
• Handling employee confirmation, Performance Appraisals, Performance
• Managing advance Salary, Ad Hoc Bonuses, Loans
• Liaison with various government organizations for Employee Provident
Funds, ESI and other Retirement Benefits
• Handling the queries related to salary, leaves. Attendance and transfer etc.
• Explain the various policies, strategies and benefits to employees.
• Workforce Planning
• Time Sheet Management
• Health & Safety
• Full and Final Settlement
Apart from the above official duties a HR professional also contribute in organization development; The Human Resources Generalist will become a business partner to the business by developing strong relationships with business managers. He/she will achieve this by seeking to understand the business areas they support, key drivers in developing that business, potential barriers to the success of the business and through this understanding and delivering customer focused HR solutions to the business to support its strategy.
• The HR Generalist will support the day-to-day operation of the HR function in strategic partnership with the business.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationship with business partners.
• Seek to understand key business issues in the local market and their impact on the business and HR.
• Support Managers on the Performance Management process to drive a culture of continuous performance management within the organization.
• Drive communications structures within the business to ensure clear consistent messages regarding the company’s objectives and goals are being delivered.
• Work with Business Managers to develop and implement human resources policies, procedures and programme necessary to achieve business and management objectives.
• Continuously contribute to improvement of HR processes and systems to support high performance work teams and drive waste and inefficiencies out of process.
• Advise Management and employees in human resources policy and program matters, recommending appropriate decision or course of action.
• They play an important role in "Employee Engagement" …winning the trust of the employee and hence can help the organization in controlling the turnover rate.
• Provide ER support to business managers. Support/improve existing ER/Communication systems.
• Participate in and manage special projects which provide viable customer solutions.
HR infrastructure by re-engineering ( change management ) ,work processes and redirecting resources to strategic initiatives, with the intention of making the entire business more productive, competitive, and a company of first choice to customers. At the end, I like to say that HR professional is having a big responsibility to hire a best person from the available talent pool. It is the process of getting the right people, with the right competencies, in the right jobs at the right time. The position is responsible for implementation of all human resources activities to ensure the company’s ability to attract high-quality employees, train, develop and motivate them to contribute towards the company’s goals. This individual must understand how to utilise effective human resources programme to achieve competitive advantage.