i am assigned a project on employee satisfaction survey in a company..i would like to know what are the effective methods or strategies adopted for doing employee satisfaction survey..what actually needs to be done and how to evaulate the result of it after colelcting the necessary information..
1. You need to be clear of the objective of the ESS...do you want to focus on the macro problems...or would like to dig out the micro issues..
2. Conduct Focussed Group Discussions (FGD) to get a feel of the real life problems that may exist in the organisation.
3. Prepare a questionnaire that would seek more insights into the issues that come up from the FGD.
4. Take the questionnaire back to the key stake holders ( CEO / CFO / Head HR etc. ) in the organisation
5. Incorporate their feedback
6. Prepare a communication plan - Ensure the CEO himself sends the same across the org.
7. Launch the survey keep it anonymous
8. Share the outcome of the survey with the key stake holders
8. Share the feedback of the survey with the employees ( relevant sections / details )
9. Prepare an action plan on the key action items...
10. Conduct follow-up on the key action items
Organisations like Gallup / CSMM / Hewitt are pioneers in this area...you may wish to approach them, if you decide to engage a 3rd party agency.
Hope this helps!
Here is the link to the guide:
Employee Engagement Surveys
If you want to do more info, you also visit at:Employee satisfaction questions
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.