Registration for the professional Tax - factory license Xls Download

Shweta_G Started The Discussion:

Dear All: Is it necessary to make the registrations of the individual employees for the professional tax in Maharashtra? Please Advice. Thanks & Regards Shweta

jaganvizag -  Member Since: Aug 2007
hai swetha,

Professional tax collected by local Commercial Tax Department.

If you can visit your local Commercial Tax Department they will guide to fulfil the requirement for getting the registration of your establishment.

bcoz rules are vary from state to state.


ASHUTOSH C -  Member Since: Nov 2007
Dear Swetha,

Under PT, employees are not registered but an Employer. E mployer has to get registrered for Professional Tax.

On the Company PT code No. employer has to submit the PT every month deducted from the monthly employees salary.

Pl find attached slab of PT deduction.

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Attached FilesProvided by community member ASHUTOSH C. Join us to learn and grow with your peers.
File Type: xls pt_maharashtra_175.xls (26.5 KB, 709 views)
abhirutu -  Member Since: Aug 2007
Dear Shwetha
Greetings If the employer is a partnership firm, private limited company or a public limited company, professional tax needs to be paid on behalf of these officials also apart from the employees. There is appropriate deduction from income tax for the professional tax paid on behalf of the employees.

NAGESH YADAV -  Member Since: Jun 2009
Dear All, Please let me know the due date for filing and Paying the professional tax in Andhra Pradesh. Your’s Nagesh.

NAGESH YADAV -  Member Since: Jun 2009
Dear Freinds, Please let me know the due date for filing and Paying the professional tax in Andhra Pradesh. Your’s Nagesh.

gopakumarvs -  Member Since: Jun 2009
Profession Tax is the tax collected by Local Self Governments (Corporations, Municipalities and Panchayats), which is calculated on the basis of one's income on profession (just say it as job or business) and is calculated half yearly. One person is liable to pay Profession Tax if he earns any income, either salary or business income, for atlease 60 days in a half year in the particular area. The maximum amount that can be levied as Profession Tax in a half year is Rs.1,250/-, eventhough the person or the business establishment has any number of business or income to any amount anywhere in India. This can be paid in any of the jurisdictions where he has business / salary income. The due date for the first half year is 31st August and that of second half is 28th / 29th February. This can be paid without penalty upto 30th September and 31st March of every year.

amitnarote -  Member Since: Apr 2007
Hi, Can anyone tell me how do I find commercial tax department in Mumbai? I could not find details on the same. Thank you, Amit

deepak.behera -  Member Since: Aug 2009
Dear All, Our company want to register under professional Tax . Can u tell me the procedure how to register ? Waiting for your kind reply... Thanks & Regards Deepak

shphadtare -  Member Since: Sep 2008
Hi Deepak,

Go to local Sales Tax office, their is one of the department of Profeesion Tax. You collect the form No. I for Establishment registration and form No. II for employer's registration i.e. for Director, Proprietor or Partner. Attache documents like estblishment license i.e. Shop Act or Factory License, address proof, PAN card, Bank Accounts last month statement photocopy, etc.

S. H. Phadtare



Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Via Google.  

Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

Cite.Co helps people come together to solve each other's problems on all aspects of professional life.
Share This Discussion:

3M Users, 100K+ Documents & 450K+ Discussions
About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network