Responsibilty of a training manager will defer from company to company.Each industry will have different needs.
In general, i think they need to
1.Coordinate Training Activities and Programmes.
2. Training Calendar
3. Training Identification
4.Conduct regular Trg Programs for all actegory with internal&external faculties
Hope this helps you.
I have got some More Skill sets and functionality of a Training Manager.
• Design/Delivery of Training
• Adult Learning Principles
• Technical, Process, & Leadership Course Training
• Performance Consulting
• Needs Assessment & Training Matrix,
, Instructional Design, , Skills Assessment, Continuous Process Improvement, Training Implementation, Coaching skills.
Hope i make myself clear. Any other Queries can be posted back.
All the best.
1. To coordinate with technical heads for identifying the training needs of technical staff and workmen at manufacturing plant.
2. To identify the training needs of employees with respect to managerial skills.
3. To develop and nurture learning culture in the organization.
4. To develop training modules and organize the training sessions along with the follow-up actions for training on technical and behavioural aspects.
5. To coordinate for the quality system certifications, renewal audits and liaison with the certification agencies with respect to training of employees.
1. The candidate should be having MBA (HR) or PG Diploma in Training and Development from reputed institute.
2. Science background at graduation level will be preferred.
3. Should have 8 – 10 years of experience in the field of Training and Development at plant level with atlest 3 years in pharmaceutical company.
4. Perseverance and system specific approach are essential qualities.
Originally Posted by training_passion
Hi! Sumathymaraimalaai N Karthik,
thank u so much for ur promt response. Would it b possible for you to share the JD for this position. I would b really grateful!
to add to de above comments ....
the jd can be partly ascertained by Training needs analysis....(very industry specific)..
since your talking about a retail industry....find out what is the target audience, manpower hours required , type of training etc,,,,
1s you have all this in place will be easier to prepare a JD or KRA..even...
A training manager is among many other schedules , expected to execute: Training needs identification , co-ordinate training programs, identify skill gaps, blend job specs. via training , design and review a training policy , design, update and coordinate the implementation of a company training budget after successfully presenting it before management and gaining the latter's assent, deliver lectures where necessary, execute e-learning, facilitate mentoring , liaise with the national body on training and make returns of the company's training programs to the national training body ( as is done in Nigeria ) etc....hope this helps.....thanks
While many participants have put forth their views. In the last 3+ years I have dealt with 100+ HR/Training managers. I found that:
a) they are unable to prepare objectives of the training programme on their own (without doing some copy and paste job from Google). It is their duty to prepare the objectives whether training is in-sourced or outsourced.
b) they do not know how to assess the training vendor (a GM (HR) who had worked in reputed 5-star hotel chain for a long time holds this post of reputed healthcare group. When I discussed training matters with him, he told me to provide copies of my PPt and then he would consider my selection!)
c) they did not conduct any training programme on their own. Therefore, they are just unable to understand how much syllabus can be covered in a day (0930 to 1730 hours) (I have seen training managers asking me to do in a day what would require seven days).
d) they do not understand commercial aspects of business (any training programme programme has to be linked to the revenue leakage or revenue generation. They do not have iota of knowledge of this).
Thanks and regards,
Dinesh V Divekar
Management & Behavioural Training Consultant
Bangalore - 560094
Limit of your words is limit of your world.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.