* Whatever is expressed is impressed. Whatever you say to yourself, with emotion, generates thoughts, ideas and behaviors consistent with those words
* There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
* Optimism means expecting the best, but confidence means knowing how to handle the worst. Never make a move if you are merely optimistic.
The Zurich Axioms
* Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
* The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes but in having neweyes.
* Being a sex symbol has to do with an attitude, not looks. Most men think itís looks, most women know otherwise.
* Funny is an attitude.
* When you believe you can-you can!
* Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
* Knowledge is proud that she knows so much; Wisdom is humble that she knows no more.
* I've never been poor, only broke. Being poor is a frame of mind. Being broke is only a temporary situation.
* Begin with praise and honest appreciation. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders...Make the fault easy to correct. Make the other person happy about doing what you suggest.
* The remarkable thing we have is a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.
* Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right.
* Mental attitude is more important than mental capacity.
Walter Dill Scott
* It is not the position, but the disposition.
J. E. Dinger
* You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt, as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear, as young as your hope, as old as your despair.
Paul H. Duhn
* It is so often true that whether a person carries with him an atmosphere of gloom and depression or one of confidence and courage depends on his individual outlook.
* Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind.
* Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
* People who think honestly and deeply have a hostile attitude towards the public.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
* Whether zeal or moderation be the point we aim at, let us keep the fire out of the one, and the frost out of the other.
* It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.
* A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.
* I believe life is to be lived, not worked, enjoyed, not agonized, loved, not hated.
* Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.
Helen Adams Keller
* If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life.
* Eagles come in all shapes and sizes, but you will recognize them chiefly by their attitudes.
Charles Prestwich Scott
* Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.
* A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
* We are like tea bags - we don't know our own strength until we're in hot water.
* The longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company . . . a church . . . a home.
* Ideals are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny.
* Success or failure in business is caused more by the mental attitude even than by mental capacities.
Sir Walter Scott
* An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere. The pessimist sees only the red light. But the truly wise person is color blind.
Dr. Albert Schweitzer
* People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
* Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
* If you will call your troubles experiences, and remember that every experience develops some latent force within you, you will grow vigorous and happy, however adverse your circumstances may seem to be.
James Russell Miller
* Youth is not entirely a time of life; it is a state of mind. Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old by deserting their ideals. You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubts; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.
General Douglas McArthur
* There are no guarantees. From the viewpoint of fear, none are strong enough. From the viewpoint of love, none are necessary.
* I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.
Helen Adams Keller
* Eagles come in all shapes and sizes, but you will recognize them chiefly by their attitudes."
Charles Prestwich Scott
* To win without risk is to triumph without glory.
* The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind.
* A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes."
* Cut off as I am, it is inevitable that I should sometimes feel like a shadow walking in a shadowy world. When this happens I ask to be taken to New York City. Always I return home weary but I have the comforting certainty that mankind is real and I myself am not a dream.
Helen Adams Keller
* Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
* Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
* The only disability in life is a bad attitude.
* I never expect to lose. Even when I'm the underdog, I still prepare a victory speech.
H. Jackson Browne