sunniz6 Started The Discussion:
Hi all,

I have some doubts regarding FPS which is 8.33% of basic towards employer contribution in PF.

1.When will FPS be given to the employee i.e after how many years of service?

2. How will FPS be paid i.e monthly/lumpsum? If monthly, for how many months? if lumpsum, how much amount(calculation)? If both, Can employee have the choice to select the mode(monthly/lumpsum)?

Seniors...pls illustrate with example...


Benefits: FRom PF
Provident Fund Scheme (PFS): Withdrawal of certain amount for paying premium of his
insurance policies, illness, daughter’s marriage, education etc..
Family Provident Fund Scheme (FPFS): Paid at the time of retirement or if member dies
during his employment  
Pension Fund Scheme (PFS): Pension after retirement at the age of 58 years.  In case of death the nominee is eligible for widow pension, children pension or orphan pension
as applicable.
Deposit Linked Insurance Fund Scheme (DLIFS):

The employee nominee will get max. Rs. 62,000/-.

i Hope its the sufficent ans.

if Any query then tell m

Vineet Mittal
Hi Vineeth,

Thank u very much for ur response.

Still hav som dbts...

i heard that, fps is applicable only if employee completes 10 yrs of service... is there any specific period mentioned in epf act?

can an employee, who has taken vrs, get pension?

will pension be paid monthly?

and many more doubts.......

can anybody refer links r e-books regarding this....pls...pls help me... :?: :cry: :?:
hi all, All of u r watching and keeping calm..?? Pls help me friends...seniors...sirs.... :evil: :roll: :x :?: :?: :cry:
I am also littlebit confused at dis point ,and there is one more confusion,wheather an employee can withdraw his pension fund before superannuation period or can it be drawn within 5 years,Pls clear all these :?:

First of all, FPS is no more in operation right now. FPS has been replaced by EPS (Employee Pension Scheme) in 1995 and FPS is now known as Ceased Pension Scheme.

Point by Point:

1. Continuous service of 10 years is required for being eligible for EPS.

2. Option for reduced pension on ceasing employment at the age after 50 years

3. 1/3 of the pension amount can be commuted and be taken as lumpsum amount. Rest is paid as monthly amount.

EPS amount cannot be withdrawn before 50 years (as discussed in point no. 2)

For any other specific query, pl write.

Dear Nilendra, Thanx for ur reply,but wat happen when an employee resigned on before his5 years of his service, wat abt the eps fund,can he avail dis amt,pls clear .. :?: Shafiqe
PF fund can be transferred by filling form 13. Regarding EPS, you can obtain Scheme Cerificate from employer. You can obtain this from every employer you work with and then finally you can submit it to RPFC and get the consolidated amount as one time payment.

dear all, suppose i worked in a ltd co. for 10 yrs and then left and join anohter co. will i be able to get pension from my previous co. if yes, how pls explain regards, ganesh nautiyal
yes you will remain eligible to get pansion as pension will not be provided by the previsous but from the PF office but you will only be elligble to get this pension after the completion of the age 50.



Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Via Google.  

Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Copyright © 2016 Cite.Communities (CiteHR.Com) User contributions are owned by the contributor.
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network