Shweta Swarnkar Started The Discussion:This is a collection of leave letters and applications written by people in various places of India...
1. Infosys, Bangalore: An employee applied for leave as follows:Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave.
2. This is from Oracle Bangalore: From an employee who was performing the 'mundan' ceremony of his 10 year old son:'as I want to shave my son's head, please leave me for two days..'
3. Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter's wedding: 'as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave..'
4. From H.A.L. Administration dept: 'As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.'
5. Another employee applied for half day leave as follows: 'Since I've to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clocks and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave'
6. An incident of a leave letter 'I am suffering from fever, please declare one day holiday.'
7. A leave letter to the headmaster: 'As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today'
8. Another leave letter written to the headmaster: ' As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day.'
9. Covering note: 'I am enclosed herewith...'
10. Another one: ' Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below...'
11. Actual letter written for application of leave: 'My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave'.
12. Letter writing: -'I am in well here and hope you are also in the same well.'
13. A candidate's job application: 'This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ' Typist and an Accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both (!!)For the past several years and I can handle both with good experience,I am applying for the post.
27th October 2007 From India
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.