Dear All, I have made a brief summary of Shops and Establishment Acts of various states. Regards, Saquib:lol: 9272990869
My wife worked as a lecturer in SPW College Tirupati Andhra Pradesh under TTD from 04 Nov 1981 to 01 Aug 1992. She resigned from her post in Aug 1992. She was on leave with out pay for some periods after March 1988. Is she entitled to gratuity as she had qualifying service of at least 5 years.
Y S Sarma
I have found the following website extremely useful as it contains many labour laws including the AP Shops and Establishment Act.
Labour Department , Govt A.P
I'm working on the leave policy for a pharma company and I need your help if some one can just forward me "The AP Shops andEstablishments Act" and "The UP Shops andEstablishments Act".
Dear Learned Members,
Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs, I have gone through the previous comments on this thread and found them very informative. Just wanted to post some queries that I had :
1) I was working in the capacity of Vice President-Sales at a mid-sized ( approx. 1,000 employees) IT Enabled Services company based in Hyderabad. My salary was Rs. 18 Lacs/annum, plus performance based incentives.
2) I was terminated in February 2013 citing performance reasons, which are clearly spurious since my salary increments, promotions, performance incentives & performance appraisals have been exceptional in the 3 years that I worked with the company.
3) I know that I won't come under the category of a Workman under the Industrial Disputes Act 1947, considering my position, responsibilities and salary.
3) Anyway, my question was : will I be eligible to claim Service Compensation from the company, i.e. 15 days of salary for every 1 year served under the company, as per Clause 47 of the Shops & Establishment Act of AP, 1988 ?
4) My Full & Final Settlement has still not been paid by the company, since they proposed a significant reduction in the same which I didn't accept. So, as on date, the possibility of getting a service compensation is still open.
Please let me know if you need any clarifications before providing your valuable advise.
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Viewing - Page 2 - Review Discussion Topic
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> earned leave labour laws leave policy contract labour act factories act contract labour shops and establishment act Location-India-Hyderabad daily work el encashment shops and establishments Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions