gauravarora Started The Discussion:
hi im new to hr world. im working as an hr exe in hotel. i need to know what is s.o.p. in hotel industry. can any body help me out by providing necessary information abt sop.
AS PER YOUR QUESTION THINK UR ASKING STANDARD OPERATION PROCESS, IS WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW, I ASSUME.
SOP IS INTERNAL AND THE SAME HAS TO BE UNDERSTOOD BY A INTERNAL EMPLOYEE, OUTSIDERS CANT SUGGEST AN SOP FOR YOUR HOTEL
TRY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR COMPANY REQUIREMENT, SEE WHERE THE TIME IS CONSUMED THE MAXIMUM, HOW YOU CAN CRASH A PARTICULAR PROCESS, WHY A PARTICULAR PROCESS TAKES MORE TIME AND, WHICH ALL PROCESS ARE OUT DATED AND SAME CAN BE DISCARDED.
UNDERSTAND PULSE OF YOUR BUSINESS, CRITICAL AREAS OF BUSINESS, AREAS OF URGENCY, WHEN YOU COLLECT ALL THIS DATA YOU CAN MAKE A SOP.
YOU CAN GATHER THIS DATA, EITHER FROM OPERATIONS TEAM, OR CAN INCURRED FROM THE DAILY COMPLAINS THAT ARE REPORTED BY THE EMPLOYEES,
YOU CAN ALSO GET DATA FROM UNDERSTAND THE NEEDS OF THE EMPLOYEE, IN TERMS OF OPERATION AND NOT FROM HR PROSPECTIVE.
UNDERSTANDING OF SUPPLY CHAIN WILL HELP YOU DEVELOP A BETTER SOP.
HOPE THIS INFORMATION IS RELEVANT, AND USEFUL
SOP Ė Its called Standard Operating Procedures
SOP has to be prepared by each departmental functions and notifying the concerned employees as to how the hotel policy and procedures to be followed to ensure a guest stay is more comfortable.
I am just giving a small example :
Mr. X is a guest & he is staying in your hotel and he placed an order for coffee in the RSOT Cabin.
RSOTís work starts as soon as the intercom rings and this assignment will get over only after clearing the vessels from the concerned guest room. Eventhough a coffee order sounds very simple, here is the SOP plays the major role and the RSOT have to follow a certain follow ups involving other department personnel to deliver this coffee to the particular guest on time.
Here the other department personnel of Service Department & Kitchen Department will have a separate SOP as far as their department functions are concerned.
SOPís have to the prepared by the concerned HODís
Trust this is clear.
The Term SOP satnds for Standard Operating Procedures
This is done to ennsure consistency in Service and Product delivery to the Guest ie each guest in the hotel guets gets the smae kine of services pertaing the the task
Example Service Tea , , for this one needs to break down the steps and desin the operating procedure accordingly Sample SOP of KItcn
Standard Operating Procedures
PURPOSE: To prevent contamination of food by foodservice employees.
1. Follow the District Employee Health Policy.
2. Report to work in good health, clean, and dressed in clean attire.
3. Change apron when it becomes soiled.
4. Wash hands properly, frequently, and at the appropriate times.
5. Keep fingernails trimmed, filed, and maintained so that the edges are cleanable and not rough.
6. Do not wear artificial fingernails or fingernail polish.
7. Wear single-use gloves.
8. Do not wear any jewelry except for a plain ring such as a wedding band.
9. Treat and bandage wounds and sores immediately. When hands are bandaged, single-use gloves must be worn.
10. Cover a lesion containing pus with a bandage. If the lesion is on a hand or wrist, cover with an impermeable cover such as a finger cot or stall and a single-use glove.
11. Eat, drink, use tobacco, or chew gum only in designated break areas where food or food contact surfaces may not become contaminated. Only drinks that have covered lids and straws may be consumed in these designated areas.
12. Taste food the correct way:
14. Before working on the serving line, employees will check appearance.
The foodservice manager will inspect employees when they report to work to be sure that each foodservice employee is following this SOP.
Retrain any foodservice employee found not following the procedures in this SOP.
VERIFICATION AND RECORD KEEPING:
The foodservice manager will record in personnel records, any personal hygiene issues with an employee.
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> freelance trainer Location-India-Pune operations performance management policies and procedures supply chain Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions