135B. Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll.—
(1) Every person employed in any business,
trade, industrial undertaking or any other establishment and entitled to vote at an election to the House of the People or the
Legislative Assembly of a State shall, on the day of poll, be granted a holiday.
(2) No deduction or abatement of the wages of any such person shall be made on account of a holiday having been
granted in accordance with sub-section
(1) and if such person is employed on the basis that he would not ordinarily receive
wages for such a day, he shall nonetheless be paid for such day the wages he would have drawn had not a holiday been
granted to him on that day.
(3) If an employer contravenes the provisions of sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), then such employer shall be
punishable with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees.
(4) This section shall not apply to any elector whose absence may cause danger or substantial loss in respect of the
employment in which he is engaged.
As I am working as HR executive with a real estate company,so I need some information regarding Election Day,and I want to ask, is there any holiday for private companies in Delhi/Noida on 10th april 2014
I have a same question. My organization is having hardly 20% voters in Tamil Nadu, rest are from outside Tamil Nadu where the voting dates are different. What should we do as an organization? Pls. suggest
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.