Vijaya21382 Started The Discussion:
Dear Seniors,

Request you to please let me know the procedure for forming Internal Complaints Committee under Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act 2012.

We have already identified Presiding Officer, 2 women members, 1 member from NGO.

Pls suggest me further course of action.

Thanks & Regards,

Posted 30th April 2013 From India, Hyderabad
Is an external member / NGO still required under the new act ? I thought that requirement was done away with
Posted 30th April 2013 From India, Mumbai
Dear Vijaya,

As per act, the committee formed by your organization is correct. If any complaints the committee will enquire and take necessary action.

As Per chapter VI of

c) Organize Workshops and Awareness Programmes to the employees

As Per chapter VIII of

21 (1) Annual report submit to the employer and the District officer.

This is as per my knowledge. If there any additional information if u know, please share.



Posted 2nd May 2013 From India, Hyderabad
Yes as per prevention, protection and redressal Bill 2013 which is now has become a law clearly mentions -one member from amongst non-governmental organisation or association committed to the cause of women or a person familiar with the issues relating to sexual harassment. provided that at least half of the total members so nominated should be women. The term of each of the nominated members is for 3 years from the date of their nomination as may be specified by the employer. The new law is now available on e.gazette under extraordinary part II Sec.1, 23rd April 2013. Log on to Gazette of India and under Bills & Acts is up loaded.
Posted 3rd May 2013 From India, Delhi
Hi Jha, please find the attached doc of protection, prevention and redressal Act 2012. usha
Posted 4th May 2013 From India, Delhi
Attached FilesProvided by community member usha shastry. Register to join your network of peers.
File Type: pdf SH gazette april 23rd 2013.pdf (783.6 KB, 2052 views)
Please solve the query, if the organization doesnot have any women at senior level than what?????????????
Posted 23rd May 2013 From India, Delhi
This was discussed earlier. The opinion of the members was that you can’t form the ICC in such case, the LCC will take care of complains with regard to this factory
Posted 23rd May 2013 From India, Mumbai
All workplaces employing 10 or more than workers are mandated under the Act to constitute an Internal Complaints Committee.

There is a clause in the law that in case a senior level woman employee is not available, the Presiding Officer shall be nominated from other offices or administrative units of the workplace. Further that in case the other offices/administrative units of the workplace do not have a senior level woman employee, the Presiding Officer shall be nominated from any other workplace of the same employer or other department or organization.
Posted 23rd May 2013 From India, Delhi
Usha I had the same query earlier : What if this is an organisation that has no women workers at senior post ?
Posted 23rd May 2013 From India, Mumbai
Hi Usha, Thanks for the attachment and necessary information....
Posted 12th July 2013 From India, Ahmadabad


Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Via Google.  

Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Copyright 2016 Cite.Communities (CiteHR.Com) User contributions are owned by the contributor.
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network