Cite-Write Started The Discussion:
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND TQM
Human resources play a vital role in total quality management .The following forces shape the Human Resources management towards TQM.
· Economic liberalizations announced by the Government of India in 1991.
· Opening the Indian economy to the rest of the global through the globalization policy.
· Entrusting more priority for private sector to play a constructive role in the restructuring and development process of Indian economy.
· Mounting competition among the industries across the globe.
· Successful companies accord high priority to productively and systematically understanding and responding to current and future external customer needs.
· Successful organizations proactively and systematically understand and respond to current and future customer needs.
· Human resource diversity and mobility are creating new employee needs and expectations about the future work culture.
· The information technology revolution is reshaping the core competencies needed in a knowledge economy.
· Organizational and Human resource leaders are being challenged to become effective strategic partners in the creation of world-class work cultures.
The TQM approach brought changes in the attitudes and expectations of the managers about the roles of human resource managers .Further, the expectations of stakeholders about the HRM profession have also been changing. Traditionally objectives of the business organizations were restricted to productivity and profits. Consequently, stakeholders particularly the customers and employees were given low priority .Workers’ participation in management programs were limited to offering suggestions by employees. Training and development programs were limited to job related activities rather than extending to employee capacities.
But, the business objectives and total quality HRM approach are to maximize customer satisfaction, and market share though improved quality
Quality today holds the key to competiveness and survival of any type of industry. This the concept has been evolving like anything.
Since Six Sigma, emergence looks for the training of each and every employee in the org. to maintain and measure the quality in his/her
level of domain. Thus, we can help not only get good remarks from our exatenal and internal stockholders, but from the credit ranking agencies especially the international bodies. Moreover, the more employees are participating in the decision making, better is the structure...
It's the right time for the INDIAN Companies to accept that the HRM and TQM are interrelated, and even the implementation of TQM can affect the financial performance.
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
2549 views2 replies
Topic Categories >> core competencies information technology human resource human resource management total quality management work culture decision making financial performance six sigma project report market share customer satisfaction quality management resource management indian economy human resources management Location-India-New Delhi
Discuss problems with your peers without getting into personal specifics.
Access to years of discussion data available to everyone at no cost.