nejati80 Started The Discussion:
Dear Senior, Please guild me how to Establishing Human Resource Department in an organization how to start, what is the normal particle for that and etc...
Hello Mr. Nejati,
I presume you referring to a greenfield operation?
To establish/create an HR department, you need to begin with the HR documentation. To create documentation, use the following:
1) Mission/Vision/Objectives - taken from the parent / umbrella entity and tweaked for the benefit of the implementing agency
2) Creation of the HR operations manual - Download a sample template of any country/company or university that allows you to understand the points inherent to the HR ops manual and go over every line item to ensure it's compliant with your country's labor laws. Your HR manual will describe everything down to the minutest detail - payroll, leave policy, hiring of family, friends, tenure, applicability of mobile reimbursements to different levels and will be a reference guide for not just the HR team, but also department heads, functional managers, employees, etc
3) Concurrently, create an organogram or organization chart, publish job roles, descriptions, hierarchies, compensation, career path, etc for each role in the organogram and vet it with the HR ops manual
4) Once you have visibility, you'll be able to hire / second the right resources, ensure seamless operations, create records, documentation, etc in alignment with corporate and HR objectives.
5) Periodically vet the operations manual against current labor laws, industry standards to ensure seamless updation of your manual
6) Publish the employee handbook, a condensed version of the HR manual applicable to employees with pertinent information - salary, payslips, attendance/time, etc
7) Launch training programs for all managers, heads of functions, employees on the new HR policies and practices
And let us all know how it goes!
Thanks for your email but would you please clear what do you mean by Greenfield operation? And in case if there is already the HR Policy, and the current organization is using other organization counterpart HR policy, which steps you have to obtain would you talk with CEO to have your own organization HR Policy, which things should be in your job priority after HR Policy?
Once again thanks for your kind email, and wafting for your more advice
We are ISO certified, and have a quality mangement system.
Human Resources has a very small section of the Quality Management System- (Training and Development).
We are considering including our policies, procedures, and guidelines as part of our QMS system. Interested in knowing
if other company's include HR in the QMS system. If so what area's of HR are included?
The Shepherd Chemical Company
Share your email ID. We will send you one page document, which will help you in setting up HR departments.
Thanks & Regards
Manjay Kumar Sharma | Senior Consultant | E-mail : | Skype ID : manjay.sharma73 |Mobile: +91- 98105 07200
Malay Gauri Consultants Pvt. Ltd
|Outsourcing and Consultancy URL: <www.malaygauri.com>| Human Resource URL: <MGcrpo >| Job portal URL: <www.nayeeraah.com> |
Greenfield Operation pertains to a Start Up operation (day to day activity flow) / new operation development activity.
This could be a new plant, program, facility in a new area or a new function/ department/ vertical like the one in your case.
Let me re-iterate that HR is a support, assistant, guide and a friend for the operations.
In order to establish an HR Dept, you have to first organise the HR.
Some broad Greenfield HR steps are:
Defining Vision of HR Dept in line with the Organisation / Program Objectives.
Define What is expected from the HR Dept.- Mission, (with the help of your research / Ops/Program Officials).
Take a Status report (Current scene of HR/ the way resources/personnel are managed in your location), Analyse the strengths and weakness. Based on this set Immediate, Short and Long terms Goals (Goal Setting/ Milestones).
Plan the HR Statutes and Docs accordingly. Prepare an initial Draft.
Validate it for its legal, social and local relevance and appropriation.
Design an Organizational Chart/ Hierarchy Chart if it is not prevalent before....else if required recommend modifications.
Frame the HR command structure, identify and delegate work based on skill sets, engage to identify resources.
Design, develop and implement an effective Resource Development Program for improvement and development of all the functions. (since you are in UN - you would be aware of Capability Development model which is fit for remote/ diverse location conditions)
and at last.....if everything have started working....tell me about it...thanks...
Best of luck...
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> career path employee handbook hr policies hr policy human resource department labor laws leave policy Location-Singapore-Singapore organization chart organizational chart quality management system start up training programs Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions