From "ravitashukla1" : Dear Seniors ,
Good Morning to all,
I have come across a situation where I don't know what we should do.....
In my Co. there is one employee working on professional fee. From 1st Feb 2011 he is not coming office saying that he is suffering with Pneumonia Eosinophillia. On tuesday (7/02.2011) he came office collected salary and again is not coming.
He has not sent any written mail, he is just sending msg on mobile that "I am not coming office".
Mgmt has doubt that he has got another opportunity.
Please help me how we can find out whether he is really sick or has got another Job so we can look for his replacement as it is effecting our work,and there is no mean in waiting if he has got another Job.
Also please provide me rules/ leave policy for professional employees.
11th February 2012 From India, Mumbai

Hi Ravita
1) He is not a permanent employee. So if you feel as he is not required to the organisation his appointment shall be terminated. What is the terms and conditions on his appointment letter. If it is happening frequently it's better to look for replacement
2) For professional employees there are no any provisions for leaves
11th February 2012 From India, Bangalore
Thanx Mr. Jeevarathnam for your reply....
He was appointed 29.10.2011 as asst. liasoner. In appointment ltr it was mentioned that he will be confrmd after 3 mnths but was not confirmed bcz of his unsatisfied performance.
Now please advice what we should do.
One more thng in our Co professionals are not given salary slip or cheque.
11th February 2012 From India, Mumbai
Hi Ravita
Normally professional employees won't get any salary slips but there will be TDS @10on the professional fee.
Are you making payment by cash?
Paying big amounts by cash is not advisable rite? How does your CA accept paying professional fee by cash?
If you are not satisfied then just give him a notice and releave from his duties
11th February 2012 From India, Bangalore
Thanks Jeevarathnam, I am 100% convinced with your advice ,we will give him a notice and further will take suitable action. Thank you soo much..... will be in touch Ravita
11th February 2012 From India, Mumbai
My kind advice is try to avoid cash payments as much as possible. It will be difficult for accounting as well as while there is IT probe then it might create problems for organisation. Its advisable to make cheque payments for all consultants and professional fee.
11th February 2012 From India, Bangalore
To be part of this and many other peer to peer discussions, Register at CITE which provides insights into real world issues and fosters community support and learning.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network