With the onset of summers come water-borne diseases. Gastroenteritis, Jaundice, Typhoid Fever, Cholera and Diarrhea are some very common water-borne diseases in summers and rainy seasons. To be in the pink of health, it is important to take necessary precautions against these diseases. To do this, individuals and their family members should keep the following in mind : -
· Nails should be cut short once every three days.
· Only filtered / branded bottle water should be consumed.
· Wash hands properly with soap and water before consuming food.
· If a person does not have a water purification system, he/she should drink water after boiling and cooling it .
· If a person is suffering from loose motions, he/she should immediately see a Doctor and drink ORS (Oral Re-hydration Solution) to prevent dehydration.
· ORS should be continued till loose motions stops.
· If a person is suffering from vomiting, he/she should not eat/drink anything, otherwise the frequency of vomiting will increase which will cause further water loss and electrolyte imbalance. Doctor should be consulted immediately.
· The expiry date of all packed eatables / drinks should always be checked before consumption.
· Drinking water container should be washed everyday.
· Only warm and fresh cooked food should be consumed.
· Plenty of water and fluids should be consumed before stepping out in the heat.
· Consumption of water, milkshakes and fruit juices from roadside vendors should be avoided.
· Avoid eating cut fruits, Chat and food material from roadside Vendors.
· Oily and spicy food should be avoided.
· Half cooked / pre-cooked / refrigerated food should not be consumed.
· Leaving home/office empty stomach should be avoided.
· Avoid sharing utensils while consuming food.
· Do not bite nails with the help of teeth.
· Do not expose food and beverages to flies.
· Never do self-medication. Neither take medicines directly from chemist shop. Medicines should always be taken after getting proper advice from a qualified doctor.
Request your permission to use these things to put it up on the Schools Water Portal website which will be helpful for the school students. If any of you have any other water related ideas/suggestions/ppts/notes/content etc.,which will be benefited for the schools students/teachers etc., please do forward to or out up in this forum giving permission for anyone put up in websites.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.