hameetha Started The Discussion:
I am conducting a session this week for employees on Communication skills.
I have asked to present a topic which would run for 10 minutes .
Kindly let us know your suggestions on the topics ,debates or any better idea to make this session more informative & funny.
Could everyone come back with inputs soon!!
I did not mean that I am going to present a topic for 10 minutes please.
The first part of the session would be
1. Run through an Audio CD demostrating " How to get your point across in 10 seconds"
2. Participants will present their topics ( 5-10 min)
Kindly give your suggestions please.
Oh I see.
The subject is How to get your point across in 10 seconds and the participants should present a topic of their own in 5-10 minutes.
If you are interested here is my topic. Elaborate on each but be sure to limit your discussion in 10 minutes.
How to Communicate Effectively
- Establish rapport with other people.
- See things from the other person's point of view. In short, emphatize.
- Pay attention to people's facial expressions, body language, and tone of voice.
- Adjust your communication style to match their style.
- Avoid criticizing, making negative judgments, and even using words that are hurtful.
- Show interest in the other person's interests and concerns.
- Encourage people to talk
- Show your willingness to listen. Minimize distractions and give verbal cues to show that you are paying attention.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Listen to what people are trying to communicate not simply to what they are saying. Listen as well to their emotions.
- Check to make sure you understand. Rephrase what the other person said.
- Always speak with sincerity and conviction.
- Be sensitive to other people's communication style
- Know what you want to accomplish. Do you want people to understand your position? Lend their support? Approve your request?
- Listen as much as you talk.
- Keep your messafe fitting with your tone of voice, facial expression, and body language. For example, if you want it to say sorry, say it with the correct tone and facial expression to convey sincerity. Do you want to say sorry by shouting the person in his face? Of course not.
- Be confident
- Connect with your audience
- Keep it short and simple.
- Ask for feedback to ensure that your message was understood
I hope this would help. Cheers.
the above points are very pertinent also i would just add voice modulation is very important in communication to assert or to emphasize or to attract the audience.
Another point in communication should be use of comprehensible language.
Avoid cliches and words which are difficult to understand.
In short make yr language comprehensible than intelligible.
A tinge of humour in communication will always keeps the listeners concentrated on the communicator.
we should always keep in mind that communication is a two way process
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> audio cd body language communication skill communication skills give your suggestions Location-India-Madras Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions