The following are the problems faced by the company if HR does not exist
1. Job Descriptions will not be in place.
2. Since job descriptions will not be in place, recruitment process will not
3. Organisation Policies / HR policies will not be in place hence will lead to
4. Level and Salary bands will not be in place n hence will lead to
disparities and high percentage of attrition.
5. Training and development process will not be streamlined and
employees will not be impartd with any valuable training....
6. Processes and systems will not in line according to the organisation...
I have been to Pennang years ago; a nice place.
My advise to students all over is to search the web, try and answer the questions posed and then seek help to improve the answer.
I suggest that you do the same. However, here is a tip: please sear for benefits of a HR dept and that will give you ideas for the problems without it.
Have a nice day
A retired academic in the Uk
actually in many times, i'm always confused about the question and do not know how to answer it when i refer to the web or etc..in other time, i'm not so confident about my own answer..
In the 2001, i worked in MALAYSIA where i had traveled many locations including BINTULU, KUCHING, PENANG, JB and my H.O was in K.L.
Regarding your query, to my knowledge and the experience i had gained in the field of GENERAL MANAGEMENT, the challenges faced by HR are
1) INTERVIEW PROCESS NOT STREAM LINED
2) JOB DESCRIPTIONS - NOT SPECIFIC AND PROPORTIONAL TO THE PRACTICAL ASSIGNMENTS
3) EMPLOYEE ATTITUDE & BEHAVIOUR MANAGEMENT - DIFFICULT TO SET RIGHT THINGS BECAUSE LACK OF SUPPORT FROM SENIOR/TOP MANAGEMENT. EGO is visible at SENIOR/TOP MANAGEMENT LEVEL.
4) EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION - NOT PRACTICED EFFECTIVELY
5) PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL - NOT UPTO THE MARK AND DOES NOT MEET EMPLOYEE DEMANDS
6) SUCCESSION MANAGEMENT - NOT VISIBLE DUE TO HIGH PARTIALITY WHICH LEADS TO FORMATION OF INFORMAL GROUPS
7) COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES - NOT FOLLOWED OR IMPLEMENTED SUCCESSFULLY
and there are many and also varies to organisation to organisation
You need to do internship to understand it practically.
With profound regards
I feel the challenges faced by HR are,
* Interview process - not streamlined
*Job Descriptions- we get hard to get good stream of profiles and we try to induct a person with all hopes and motivation, but once he got into the company , he may not received properly by his team.
*Employee motivation- We hardly try to manage people with available resources, though the time we need to face where we cant answer few questions from employees. And we fail to convivnce management.
....list will never end...HR are facing many challenges these days in every organisation, it varies organisation to organisation.
HR is responsible for
1) Setting up an ATMOSPHERE for employee to deliver his responsibility with passion
2) Take up all issues positively, related to EMPLOYEE includes everything and sort it out with ease without hurting employee emotions.
3) Identifying the HIDDEN TALENT and make BEST OF IT. Employee to be compensation and employee talents/skills should never be misused.
There are lot more and will update as i am getting late for the meeting.
With profound regards
- Appraise the employee on a right basis.
- Employers assuming HR and admin are the same.
- HR 's represent anybody who has an issue, but when comes to their own issued,they cannot represent themselves.
- Job Description
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.