I have been assigned to make the suggestion scheme more fruitful n enthusiastic amongst the employees. How we can make it more interesting so that employee participation gets increased?
also, can we announce the benefits & rewards associated with it, or announcing targets per employee/deptt.?
Hoping to have positive response.
Hope you already have the following fundamentals in place
1) SOP for Suggestion system - It is a flow chart which explains the flow of receipt of suggestion to implementation and rewards
(includes criteria , scope,definition etc...)
2) A steering commitee for timely review and approve/reject the suggestions.
3) Reward & Recognition for best suggestions
Now to improve the effectiveness I suggest the following,
1) Introduce targets for each dept (function) - Suggestion per employee per month
2) Think about introducing rewards for the following
a) Award for Best suggestions in each area - Productivity,Quality,Cost reduction,Safety, Delivery and Morale
b) Highly innovative suggestion
c) Points system where each suggestion gets some points, employee can accumulate points and exchange it for gift vouchers
4) Organise Quaterly Kaizen(Continual improvement) celebration day to as a forum for sharing best sugggestions & recognitions
Dont forget - Reward only implemented suggestions otherwise you will get into trouble!!!
Let me know if you need more information -
Regards - Ramesh
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.