Can i withdraw PF amount when still im job. - provident fund

prakashgowda Started The Discussion:

Hello Friends,
Plz guide me , due to some financial problems , i want to withdraw my
pf amount, wheather i can withdraw r not, im still working in the same company, im not quiting that company, just i want to withdraw the PF. so plz any one guide me, regarding this, and which all the form i need .

Madhu.T.K -  Member Since: Sep 2007
You can not withdraw the Provident Fund while you are in service. However, subject to some conditions you will get advance (non refundable) from your Fund. For details please follow the link.



ashok767 -  Member Since: Apr 2010
There would depend on the Company's P.F. Rules. If it is a privately run trust, it saves you the hassles.
Look up the rules...mostly it requires to have worked for at least 5 years with the company.
It could be a loan or a partial withdrawal - again the rules would spell this out.
- buying a house or renovating may entitle you to a partial withdrawal.
- son's education, medical expenses etc may entitle you for a loan which you would have to repay with interest.
Usually 1% higher than the interest you earn.

Hope this helps.

sharma sunil -  Member Since: Oct 2009
Hi frnd, u can't withdraw pf amount u can avail the facility of advance from rpfc which wil be non refundable for specifhed purpose like house maintenance and constructn, marriag of son daughter, yourself etc. In case of trust it wil be depend upon company policy. Thanks Sunil Sharma -  Member Since: Aug 2008
we can close the pf while working
we have to stop the contribution for one month and we can mention in the form 10 that he he is left and a new account can open for them and we can close the pf.


niyajahmed -  Member Since: Mar 2010
Hi Frind, U can not withdrawal ur P.F.amount better way u take Loan based on ur PF amount by submission of Form No-31.

mishrajg -  Member Since: Oct 2007
You can avail a non refundable (Loan) advance, out of your PF accumulations.

It's once in life time from the PF Account number that you currently have the accumulations in.

Benefit of Non - Refundable advance from the amount standing to the credit of member in the fund can be sanctioned for the following purposee :
1- Purchase of House.
2- Repayment of a loan for Housing.
3- Purchase of a house/site/flat under the housing scheme notified by the Central Provident Fund Commissioner.
4- Unemployument due to lockout or temporary closure.
5- Unemployment due to illness.
6- Marriage of self or of Daughter, Son , Sister, or Brother.
7- Education of Son or Daughter.
8- exceptional calamity.

The supporting documents will have to be attached for claiming the Non - Refundable advances.

Hope the answer satisfies your requirement.

Rajesh Mishra

kannanmv -  Member Since: Apr 2009
Dear Prakash,

You can withdraw amounts from your PF account only for specific reason like

1. Repayment of housing loan.
2. Purchase of house.
3. Marriage of self, children, brother or sisters (only three times while in service)

You need to submit Form 31 through your employer and then forward the same to PF office. But subject to certain eligibility criteria (You need to be a PF member for certain period for each loan category) PF office will permit you to withdraw the amount.

One member has inadvertently suggested that you can withdraw the amount by mentioning in Form 10. This is a wrong procedure. Form 10 is submitted only when employees leave. Once again reopening a fresh account will be considered as an offence by employer. Please do not suggest such things in a common forum like this.

Trust the matter is clear.


suryachalla -  Member Since: May 2010
Originally Posted by View Post
we can close the pf while working
we have to stop the contribution for one month and we can mention in the form 10 that he he is left and a new account can open for them and we can close the pf.


But don't you think one will need the "management's" cooperation? After all, unless there is a signed certificate that you have left their employment, the PF commissioner will not pass your PF payout cheque!
- suryachalla

rsairam -  Member Since: Sep 2009
Dear You are working in chennai , bellow link is very useful (EMPLOYEES' PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION, Regional Office, Chennai Region & Puducherry) at


  • Do not post anything derogatory about any company or person.
  • Sharing articles from other websites should be done by posting a link to the original article.
  • To discuss sensitive issues create a pseudo/anonymous account.
  • Please avoid repeat posting your company profile - such accounts are removed automatically.

  • Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Via Google.  

    Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
    Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

    Cite.Co helps people come together to solve each other's problems on all aspects of professional life.
    Share This Discussion:

    3M Users, 100K+ Documents & 450K+ Discussions
    About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
    All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
    Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
    Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network