bradhikari Started The Discussion:
Hi friends,

I have few doubts about TDS issue, please could somebody let me clear below points:

- my one of colleague wants Form 16 for flling the I-Tax Return, but his TDS is not deducted as per his salary was not taxable.

So is that possible get Form 16 without paying tds?

- if TDS is not deducted then particular person can fill the I-Tax return & without having Form 16?

- Till when we can file the I-Tax return?

It is not necessary to issue form 16 when TDS is not deducted and the employee is not going to file his returns.Returns is filed mainly to get the refund of any amount deducted in excess in the form of tds.

Form 16 is both for taxable or non-taxable salaried persons. One should get it irrespective of tax paying status. Pon
Yes, Form 16 shall be given whether the salary was taxable or not. For an employer, it is appropriate to submit the details of salary of all employees wither their salary taxable or not, through the eTDS return. It is quite convincing to issue a document to an employees; which he/she can use for return filing purposes.
"Every person deducting tax at source is required as per Section
203 to furnish a certificate to the payee to the effect that tax has
been deducted along with certain other particulars. This certificate
is usually called the TDS certificate. Even the banks deducting tax
at the time of payment of pension are required to issue such
certificates. In case of employees receiving salary income including
pension, the certificate has to be issued in form No.16. The certificate
is to be issued in the deductor’s own stationery. [U]However, there is
no obligation to issue TDS certificate in case of tax at source is not
deducted /deductible by virtue of claims of exemptions/ deductions"

from Tax Payers Information series 35, "TDS on Salaries" by Directorate of Income Tax

Nilesh Patel
Form 26AS is one of the best online facility provided by the Income Tax Department.

It Shows your TDS, TAX paid and refund details.

In simple words, it is a record of your all the tax paid /deducted details with income tax department.

If in case any body has deducted your TDS, then you can check the details of the same in FORM 26AS.

You can also claim the amount shown in FORM 26AS, in your income tax return.

If the Proper amount is not reflected in FORM 26AS, then you can contact with your deductor (the person who has deducted TDS).
for more read here


Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Via Google.  

Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Copyright © 2016 Cite.Communities (CiteHR.Com) User contributions are owned by the contributor.
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network