CHR Started The Discussion:
Performance management is the process of creating a work environment or setting in which people are enabled to perform to the best of their abilities. Performance management is a whole work system that begins when a job is defined as needed. It ends when an employee leaves your organization. Many writers and consultants are using the term “performance management” as a substitution for the traditional appraisal system. I encourage you to think of the term in this broader work system context. A performance management system includes the following actions.
* Develop clear job descriptions.
* Select appropriate people with an appropriate selection process.
* Negotiate requirements and accomplishment-based performance standards, outcomes, and measures.
* Provide effective orientation, education, and training.
* Provide on-going coaching and feedback.
* Conduct quarterly performance development discussions.
* Design effective compensation and recognition systems that reward people for their contributions.
* Provide promotional/career development opportunities for staff.
* Assist with exit interviews to understand WHY valued employees leave the organization.
My company develops Performance Management Systems (PMS) for companies.
We have developed a system that is simple, user friendly, and applicable to all kinds of jobs, all types of business/ industry, and applicable in any part of the world. Its tool/ form is a ONE PAGE MATRIX that incorporates all the five (5) critical stages for implementation.
Our PMS is composed of three (3) parts, namely: concept, form (tool), and policy.
The five (5) integrated stages are: Performance Planning, Performance Review & Evaluation, Performance Conference & Feedback, Improvement & Development Planning, and Recognition, Rewards, & Sanctions.
Ed Llarena, Jr.
You can see same topic at the side bar of this site. You can find out some thing same your questions.
I sent some good materials to Tommy, pls read mail and give feedback.
Apart from that, you also ref more information at: Performance management books
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> career development performance management job descriptions appraisal system work environment management performance management system Location-India-Gurgaon selection process final project Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions