CHR Started The Discussion:
Performance management is the process of creating a work environment or setting in which people are enabled to perform to the best of their abilities. Performance management is a whole work system that begins when a job is defined as needed. It ends when an employee leaves your organization. Many writers and consultants are using the term “performance management” as a substitution for the traditional appraisal system. I encourage you to think of the term in this broader work system context. A performance management system includes the following actions.
* Develop clear job descriptions.
* Select appropriate people with an appropriate selection process.
* Negotiate requirements and accomplishment-based performance standards, outcomes, and measures.
* Provide effective orientation, education, and training.
* Provide on-going coaching and feedback.
* Conduct quarterly performance development discussions.
* Design effective compensation and recognition systems that reward people for their contributions.
* Provide promotional/career development opportunities for staff.
* Assist with exit interviews to understand WHY valued employees leave the organization.
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> appraisal system career development final project job descriptions Location-India-Gurgaon management management system performance management performance management system selection process work environment Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions