Conveyance allowance tax exemption - salary slip.. CiteHR

mk_rajasekar Started The Discussion:

hi.. how to get tax exemption when the employer not specifically given any conveyance allowance for traveling from home to work place?

mk_rajasekar -  Member Since: Jun 2010
Sir, My company not showing any breakup as conveyance allowance in my salary ....for these case how to get tax exemption for conveyance ???...

mk_rajasekar -  Member Since: Jun 2010
Sir, My company not showing any breakup as conveyance allowance in my salary ....for these case how to get tax exemption for conveyance ???... my salary breakups are (Basic+DA+HRA+CCA)only

TELIKEPALLI -  Member Since: Oct 2009
If you dont have conveyance allownace in your salary breakup to my knowlede you can not get exemption from Income Tax. for you information we can claim Rs. 800/- P.M it means Rs. 9600/- Per Annum.

atoolsingh -  Member Since: Jan 2008
Dear Raja

You cant claim tax exemption on conveyance incae the same is not part of your monthly salary . It has to be reflected in your salary slip and the limit is Rs 800 pm (Max) . This also means that the Conveyance amount has to be paid as Coveyance allowance through pay roll .

pon1965 -  Member Since: May 2009
If you own two wheeler - Rs.60,000/- p.a. is exempted from tax towards fuel and maintenance. for four wheeler, the limit is 240,000/- p.a. If you avail tax exemption towards fuel & maintenance, you can not claim tax exemption of conveyance allowance Rs.800/- p.m.

mk_rajasekar -  Member Since: Jun 2010
how to get fuel and maintenance tax exemption ????what are the proof has to be submitted to the income tax department......

aditya.ladha -  Member Since: Sep 2011
Originally Posted by pon1965 View Post
Actual bills for fuel & maintenance.
I would like to ask that under which section can we claim the motor vehicle fuel and maintainance expenses?
Also can a person claim such exemption when the vehicle is registered in the name of his father when the registered owner of the vehicle (the father in this case) is not claiming such exemption but is only claiming exemption of rs.800pm as conveyance.

Thank you in advance.

pon1965 -  Member Since: May 2009
Comes under perquisites. Refer here Pon

aditya.ladha -  Member Since: Sep 2011
Thank you sir for the link. I have another query too regarding salary structure which is in a thread started by me. Can you please help me on that too Thanks again.


  • Do not post anything derogatory about any company or person.
  • Sharing articles from other websites should be done by posting a link to the original article.
  • To discuss sensitive issues create a pseudo/anonymous account.
  • Please avoid repeat posting your company profile - such accounts are removed automatically.

  • Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Via Google.  

    Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
    Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

    3M Users, 100K+ Documents & 450K+ Discussions

    Share »

    Cite.Co helps people come together to solve each other's problems on all aspects of professional life.
    Community Support & Professional Insights. Login or Register.

    About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
    All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
    Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
    Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network