govinds Started The Discussion:
We are a publishing house registered under the Registrar of newspapers, publishing various magazines and periodicals.

We have no printing press and it is done by outside agencies.

We purchase printing paper from local suppliers and pay KVAT @ 4.01% to them and deliver it to outside agency for printing of some of our magazines.
In certain cases the outside agency takes their on printing paper and supplies us the printed magazines.

We have no TIN registration and we have not applied for it because for sale of magazines we do not collect tax and hence we think that VAT registration is not applicable to us. Is this true?

Can you clarify this.

Can you please clarify whether we have to get registration under KVAT.

Posted 22nd October 2009 From India, Kochi


If you have any insight on this, or if you are looking for information on the same topic, please engage with this member to help add value to this discussion.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Copyright 2016 Cite.Communities (CiteHR.Com) User contributions are owned by the contributor.
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network