psandeepe Started The Discussion:
Let me introduce myself.....I am Sandeep joined as HR in a Pharma company in Hyd.
In our organization there are few managers who wants to exempt themselves from PF saying that their wages(basic) is more than Rs 6500/- and they do not want to contribute to PF.
There was no PF earlier, now management has taken a decision to include PF to all employees irrespective of their wages & make it uniform across all types of employees.
Now my query is
1. Manager X's basic is now fixed at Rs 10,000/-, is it mandatory as per law to exculude him completely from PF.
2. Or should we limit his wages to Rs 6500/- and deposit 12% of employees and a2% employers share on this.
3. Or should we pay employees share of 12% on Rs 10,000/- and limit employers share to Rs 6500/- (i.e Rs 541 to pension and Rs 239 to EPF)
4. Or should we pay employees share of 12% on Rs 10,000/- and limit employers share to Rs 6500/- (i.e Rs 541 to pension) and remaining amount Rs 659/- to EPF).
Is employee given an authority in PF act to exempt himself from PF contributions ?????
Request all expert and professional opinions and inputs on the above..
Awaiting your response..
About Pf what i know is :
1. Below 6500 (basic), PF is mandatory
2. Above 6500 (basic)
* PF Can be calculated on actuals(i.e 12% of basic)
* You can freez the pf amount: If the actual PF amount is > than the freezed amount,then freezed amount will be deducted.
* If the PF is calculated on actuals, then please do not keep Special allowance in your breakup, as actual PF is calculated on it also. You can replace special with uniform allowance.
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> basic salary pf contributions employer and employee Location-India-Hyderabad pf exemption Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions