poojavips Started The Discussion:
I am into employee relationship and had one query related to that:
many a times it happens though u r in regular touch with the employees then to you cannot feel that they are not happy in the organisation so how we can know this thing before hand?
as u all know that the IT market is very high and its very difficult to retain the employees now a days so my questions are:
Pls let me know some retension strategies?
what best u can do for ur employees?
You should conduct Employee Satisfaction surveys on and off. These surveys should include aspects which you would want to focus on and also be sure to follow up and take sufficient measures eliminate or lessen the dissatisfaction.
You can also enhance employee motivation by introducing reward schemes etc.
Some important Retention Tips is as follows:
1. Employee Satisfaction Survey twice in a year
2. One to one discussion every six months intervel
3. Find our causes of dissatisfaction
4.Make a blue print and discuss with top management
the most important aspect of Employee Satisfaction surveys are implementing the results of the survey. Its very easy to find the discontent of employees (they are waiting to tell you ) but to address them is the herculean task).
the senior management team and HR should be in consensus on what they need to achieve because of the survey.
The key priority in my opinion on employee relationship is listen to employees and address their concerns/ queries to the best of your ability. sometimes 50% of the problem is solved since they have told their concern.
also get clarity on the reason for this dissatisfaction and the support from the top management/line manager in rolling out your interventions. HR needs to accomplish its goals through its line managers.
while in constant interaction with employees, we tend to learn various personal and professional aspects. Some requirements are immediate while some may not. sort out these requirements and try to match with what your organistion support can provide.
eg. immediate requirements are generally financial.
Long term requirement may be training, higher education , job rotation, job enrichment, multi skilling and so on.
As an E R pro there is lot you can do to align these with managements expectation. This is my experience.
Kindly let me know if during one on one session an employee comes and says that he is not happy with the salary in this compnay and that he is going to resign. At that point in time what can you do.
I have told them a lot about the resonsibilities and the working environment but it doesnt work. Can you please suggest me something else?
Jobsamiksha provides you a clear picture of employees perception about work culture, salary and brand. We have job reviews of top companies in India and deep understanding of employee needs.
We conduct surveys/interviews to assess your brand image(both positives and negatives), what prospective employees want to know about you and suggest you the best strategy to promote your brand.
1) What your current employees feel about you? This will be carried as a survey/interview to understand needs. expectations and problems of your current employees. Your employees are your best marketers and what they tell other job seekers becomes your image.
2) External perception of your company in colleges and amongst jobseekers. Social networking sites like orkut and facebook have become the best place to discuss company culture, work environment and salary expectations. We assess your company vis a vis others to tell where you lag.
3) What your ex-employees feel about you? Employees may not give the correct reason of leaving when they leave your organization but they contain valuable information about what needs to be improved in your organization, we will contact your ex-employees to know about the best and not so good things about your company.
Please send me your feedback and expectations from our service.
JobSamiksha - Home of Company review & Salary | Placement stats IIT-NIT-Other | Freshers Job
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> job rotation employee motivation work culture employee satisfaction brand image job enrichment management higher education employee satisfaction survey employee relationship Location-India-Ghaziabad job seekers company culture employee perception social networking sites company review social networking Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions