VJ Sharma Started The Discussion:
Please reply soon "If some one joins on 01/05/2009 and dies at his home after a little sickness during the treatment on 27/05/2009, his basic Salary was Rs. 7500/-. Whether his widow is elegible for EDLI and Pension, and how much she will get the pension?"
* if a EPF&EPS member dies his widow will be getting epf & pension as per pf rule
* he / she need to fill from 20 & 10d for the claim with proper documents need to submitted to the pf office
* nominee form or family members form or declaration form need to fill
* original death certificate or xerox attested by employer
* bank account in nationalised bank
about EDLI i donot have much idea , hope max limit is rs.40000/- and need to contribute minimim 5 years to the scheme
Dear VJ Sharma,
1. His widow will get a monthly pension of Rs. 2051 & two children (at a time) will get Rs. 513 each till they attain an age of 25 years. After the elder child crossing 25 years, third one become eligible. Similarly all the children will get pension.
2. Regarding EDLI, his family will get an amount equivalent to PF amount. If he is exempted from EDLI, then an amount of Rs. 62,000 will get from Insurance Authority in lieu of EDLI.
Note : Previously ceiling amount of EDLI was Rs. 60,000. Now it is enhanced to Rs. 100,000.
Your query is incomplete.
Please clarify the date of death of the concerned employee and also whether any deduction of PF was made from his salary towards PF and you deposited his PF and pension contribution with the EPFO and also whether he was allotted any PF membership number or not ?
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> basic salary date of joining provident fund employees provident fund widow pension Location-India-Lucknow heart attack Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions