sunita123 Started The Discussion:
I have a employee who is always reporting late to office.
I have tried my best to fix the problem sent him a cautionary mail and also spoke to the employee personally.
It did pay off and he is making it early these days, but I was wondering what are the other methods as HR we can adopt to address the problem of late coming.
Awaiting your suggestions !!!!!!
It is great on our part to boost up employee morale and problems of such kinds. The issue that we are talking about is about Industrial Relations. But than it is also duty of HR to sort out such problems within its need, power, effectiveness and efficiency.
Now,there are certain things that as an HR we can handle:-
1) Develop a card swapping mechanism wherein the margin of time can be pre-programmed and fed to the system which can lead to the cut off of the half day salary if not followed.
2) As an HR in an organization, if it is found it is only one employee who is coming late or is not able to make it on time than the approach you adopted is effective.
3) Another way is to be strict enough to let the security guard know regarding the time margin and than strictly prohibiting the entry of any employee to the work place.
4) Lastly follow a very liberal and easy going way (Known as the Google Way) which will help in being a very boastful employee morale and help to attend the growth and target in the time frame.
I hope this might help us in getting what we are looking at. But as an HR we wont be able to do justice to the issue, We will have to be Industrial Relations Personnel in order to give answer to this question.
if your organization is small then keep a register for signature in your office and after some fix time,means after 10 minuts of your office give this register to the head of your company for his last signature and this after the boss signature this is not poosible to sign any body and he will ask directly from the boss or create some some other formality for late signature.
if your organization is big then put a finger machine and this is enoug.
In my last organization there were several habitual late comers .To curb this HR followed the policy of deducting one day's leave when an employee came late to office for more than three days in a month.In case the employee didn't have any leaves left one day's pay was deducted.
As a HR we can do:
01. Counsell him and try to know the reason for late coming.
02. Address the same to his boss and try to heat him from his boss.
03. Ded the leaves from his account ,if comes late more than 03 times in a month.
04. Make a circular and stick on Notice board reg the late comings in the office.
05. And last but none option is take disciplinary action by simply giving him warning letter as per ur standing orders for more than 03 days in a month and can suspend for 01 day ( not attending duty).
whats ur problem
is he putting enough amount if work?
is he productive?
the problem with us we want a person in time but not productivity
and if he is productive we cannot give him a leverage of coming late u know why?
tomorrow every one will do it ?
in fact u can use his late coming as a gr8 tool to get things done from him even things like going against any union directive
just think of the infinite possibility?
u have a dedicated soul who knows its because of u he is safe ?
let him be ur ears eyes and hands for all th dirty work?
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> able to do attendance software industrial relations late comers leave deduction Location-India-Hyderabad notice board paid leaves standing orders work hours Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions