The Pvt. sector generally have flexible approach unlike the PSUs and trend is :-
Assume an executive is deputed to other location say for six months..
* His salary component has a variable component called a special Allowance or deputation allowance which is about 20-40 % of CTC.
* His lodging & boarding expense is taken care off.
* Company takes care off his travel of his spouse n kids - three trips only.
* His telephone limits - personal calls is borne by the company as per the reasonable limits as agreed upon on mutually basis.
* His travel expense to the location where his family is based on weekends is paid by the company - two trips per month.
Hope this information helps.
16th October 2006 From India, Pune