tittli Started The Discussion:
Our organisation is into the pharmaceutical field manufacturing lenses.
I need to design a training programme for our employees whivh would impart technical as well as behavioural skills.
Our organisational structure is at the moment not clearly defined and we are in the process of streamlining things. But the management is keen on
beginning with training first and they have given me this as my first assignment in this company.
I have identified the behavioural skills and technical skills required by employees in each dept. Since I am new to the HR field, I don't have a clear idea on how I should go about designing the training module. ie.
How can I go about integrating both technical & behavioural skills in my module, how should I judge the effectiveness of my training programme etc.
Can someone send me a sample training module format or give me tips on the same..
From the above case, what i infer is ...
1) Designing the training module as a whole
2) You have already identified the behavioural & technical specs
3) More intersted in training first than Organziation structural changes
4) Integrating technical & behavioural skills
5) Training module format
Lets analyze one by one
1) Designing a trainnig module would require the following aspects to be considered.
a) Training need analysis (U have already done it)
b) You need to prepare Pre training Survey Questionaire & Post training Survey Questionaire
c) Training schedule to be prepared, also make a list of ppl who would/must enter into training program
d) As this is the first training program u r organizing, have good speakers & tell them what u expect from them(Have one or two meetings)
e) Tell the technical trainers to have a slide which would answer the below question ..."At the end of the training session, these are the topics which one would learn!!"
f) Put a global mail for training session, also mention that u would be Keeping a small test, so that the participants take the tech training serioulsly.
2) Decided on technical as well as behavioural training aspects
a) Plz be sure with the need analysis that you have done, as this is the basis on which u would b conducting training.
3) Training first??? So the decision is taken by top management, no harm in it. U can use this training session to impart some view about change managemet also.
4) Integrating technical & behavioural skills
- just simple....have a 2 day work shop and based on requirement u can have a 1.5 day technical skill & .5 days workshop on behavioural or otherwise..
5) Training module format
- Sample Questionaire is attached. I found this in one of the citehr itself.
- Check this link...it would help you get, as to what all information you can include in behavioural/communication module - http://www.citehr.com/1-vt15961.html?start=0
- Do build your own questionaire on basis of the attached format so that you can draw analsysis post training.eg: 89%liked behavioural training section more than technical, 40% like communication training more than body language training.
It is good that already you have identified the technical and behavioural skills required by your people.
The details posted by vinod is also very nice.
To add further, the approaches to the evluation of training programmes are
The purpose of any training evaluation is to examine the training provided and determine how effective that training has been. Donald Kirkpatrick found that a convenient method of analyzing evaluation was to divide it into four different categories.
This provides an analysis of the trainee's attitude towards a specified training programme.
This indicates of confirming that certain facts, skills, principles were communicated to trainees and that minimum standard of proficiency achieved.
This is to verify what has been learnt in the training has not only been absorbed by the trainee but is reflected in a change in his/her behaviour.
It is an assessemtn based upon the one fact that every manager recognised cost effectiveness.
hope this brief input will be of use to you
I am interested in working for you on contract/project basis as sales trainer for your organization.
I am a NeuroLinguistic Programming Certified (ABNLP) Practitioner from London and confident that with my 3+ years of experience in training and development could make great contributions to your organization.
I can cover following topics covering NLP techniques and tools.
1. Negotiation Skills
2. Marketing Mgmt.
3. Sales Mgmt.
4. Communication Skills
Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.
NLP Certified (ABNLP) USA.
I,m new to this site and thus unaware how it works. I,m not sure if you are still looking for help and if my response reaches you. Anyways in case the response reaches you even if you are done with teh Training work, send me a confirmation of mail so I know that this is how it works.
Now, I have been in Training domain from last 11 years and feel that I,ll be able to assist. Since I,m completely unaware of the specifics, I'd like to give some basic pointers:
1. Seperate Technical Training and behavioural training needs.
2. Club the level of people for which various training needs are identified, in order to avoid under or over training. For Ex. Time Management is a need identified for Sr Level and for Entry Level, it is advisable to have one comprehensive module and 2 versions derived out of it.
Also it'll help you roll out the modules in phase manner.
3. While desiging modules, go reverse, time available-Lesson Plan-Powerpoint-Trainees Manual-Trainer Manual. Prepare all frour (Lesson Plan to Trainer,s Manual) all before rolling the module out. It ensures standardisation and is long term.
If you give me the topics on which you require modules, I may be able to help you with content as well.
Any other assistance, you can mail me back
We are from FranklinCoveySouthasia We are the worlds largest training and leadership consulting company. And we are having our works of Dr.Stephen R Covey
Our approach is based on core, unchanging principles, natural laws with universal relevance, giving a solid base in today's turbulent world.
We recognise that everyone has potential; if people are effectively directed, engaged, respected and deployed according to their strengths, then breakthrough performance is achievable in any organisation.
We believe that the most effective way to bring about long-term change is through powerful learning experiences. Genuine learning takes preparation and self-awareness; participation rather than just listening; and embedding new habits and techniques through real-life application.
We do not offer a universal panacea. Working closely with our clients, we are committed to assessing their needs and developing solutions specific to their circumstances where required, rather than imposing off-the-shelf packages.
In short, we help clients succeed by unleashing the power of their workforce to focus and execute on their highest business priorities.
For more details please call me @ 09902433663
Thanks & Regards,
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> behavioural skills behavioural training body language career development communication training english classes hr field language training lesson plan Location-India-Bharuch neurolinguistic programming nlp techniques personality development pre training sales trainer technical skill technical skills technical trainers training module training need analysis training programme training schedule training session Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions