The simplest definition is this : Role- A set of expectations for one's behaviour
Responsibility- The duty to perform the task or activity an emplyee has been assigned
For example a Manager may have several roles , such as, Monitor, Leader, Negotiator etc
A decisional role would pertain to those events about which the Manager must make a choice or take an action.
Some examples are as follows:
PROJECT MANAGER'S ROLE
The person responsible for developing, in conjunction with the Project Sponsor, a definition of the project. The Project Manager then ensures that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within agreed specifications). He/she ensures the project is effectively resourced and manages relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project contributors).
The Project Manager is also responsible for managing the work of consultants, allocating and utilising resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a co-operative, motivated and successful team.
PROJECT MANAGER'S RESPONSIBILITY
• Managing and leading the project team.
• Recruiting project staff and consultants.
• Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work.
• Detailed project planning and control including:
• Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
• Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
• Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary.
• Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
• Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
• Monitoring project progress and performance.
• Providing status reports to the project sponsor.
• Managing project training within the defined budget.
• Liaison with, and updates progress to, project steering board/senior management.
• Managing project evaluation and dissemination activities.
• Managing consultancy input within the defined budget.
• Final approval of the design specification.
• Working closely with users to ensure the project meets business needs.
• Definition and management of the User Acceptance Testing programme.
• Identifying user training needs and devising and managing user training programmes
SYSTEMS DEVELOPER ROLE
To work with the Project Manager on defining and executing development requirements.
SYSTEMS DEVELOPER RESPONSIBILITY
• Working with the Project Manager on definition of development requirements and priorities.
• Data Migration.
• Interfaces with other systems.
• Reporting configuration and deployment.
• Set up and maintenance of security rights and access permissions.
• Contributing to technical strategy, policy and procedure.
• Development and operation of technical testing programmes.
• Production of technical documentation to agreed quality standards.
• Reporting on progress/issues to management and users.
Hope this has helped you in some way
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
1199 views2 replies