hima1 Started The Discussion:
1) Always say "yes" to the present moment. Surrender to what is. Say "yes" to life - and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.
2) When your sense of self is no longer tied to thought, is no longer conceptual, there is a depth of feeling, of sensing, of compassion, of loving, that was not there when you were trapped in mental conncepts. You are that depth.
3) Is there something that you "should" be doing but are not doing? Get up and do it now. Alternatively, completely accept your inactivity, laziness, or passivity at this moment, if that is your choice.
4) Enlightenment consciously chosen means to relinquish your attachment to past and future and to make the Now the main focus of your life.
5) When the compulsive striving away from the Now ceases, the joy of Being flows into everything you do. The moment your attention turns to the Now, you feel a presence, a stillness, a peace.
6) Stay present, and continue to observe what is happening inside you. Become aware of not only the emotional pain but also of "the one who observes," the silent watcher. This is the power of the Now, the power of your own conscious presence. Then see what happens.
7) Find the 'narrow gate that leads to life.' It is called the Now. Narrow your life down to this moment. Your life situation may be full of problems - most life situations are - but find out if you have any problem at this moment. Not tomorrow or in ten minutes, but now.
8) Practicing the Power of Now - Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.
9) Observe the rhythm of your breathing; feel the air flowing in and out, feel the life energy inside your body. Allow everything to be, within and without. Allow the Oisness" of all things. Move deeply into the Now.
10) But it is important to realize we are all trapped in mental constructs, and so we separate ourselves from reality; the whole world loses its aliveness-or, rather, we lose our ability to sense that aliveness, the sacredness of nature. When we approach nature through the conceptualizing mind, we see a forest as a commodity, a concept. We no longer see it for what it truly is, but for what we want to use it as. It is reduced. This is how it becomes possible for humans to destroy the planet without realizing what they are doing.
11) When you listen to the voice in your head, that is to say, do not judge. You¹ll soon realize: there is the voice, and here I am listening to it, watching it. This I am realization, this sense of your own presence, is not a thought. It arises from beyond the mind.
- Eckhart Tolle
These are contained in : Eckhart Tolle’s best selling book The Power of Now
"The Power of Now" is the sort of book that continues to swirl about in your consciousness weeks after you’ve read it. It had caused a dramatic improvement in the enjoyment of life in many people who had read it.
The basic principle of the book is quite simple — nothing exists outside this present moment. The past and the future are illusions. They only exist to the degree we focus our attention on them right now.
If you are interested to follow what sambasi had shared , please do read the book. Additionally , if you wish to learn more you may visit this link. They did 10 live sessions on Oprah Winfrey Show . You can download it , if you wishDownload the A New Earth Web Classes - Oprah.com
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas