1) Pls go through in detail, this excellent work compiled by an association. It clearly shows the mis-planning of our governments. You will realize what kind of a situation we industrialists are in & propably you might even hear the death bell of your industry. We could not have a worser life (or) death situation than what we are in.
2) Amidst this grave situation, what is more painful is that we are clearly offered as a sacrifice for the welfare of MNCs around Chennai, Metropolitan dwellers in Tamilnadu. If we do not fight hard with our government for our rights, we industries surely cannot survive. Do we not need to defend our rights to be treated equally amongst all HT consumers in Tamilnadu, either legally (or) by representation ? How can we be discriminated with the MNCs that are setting up shops in Chennai and are ensured interruption free power supply by agreements & many other tax sops, while we are forced to shut down our industries ?
3) Just for your information, a state like Andhra Pradhesh that has very less source of power generation, has almost no power cut this year, Gujarat is with Zero Powercut, Karnataka is only with 5% Power Cut. Where is Tamilnadu heading ? Still our government is signing agreements for MNCs like Suzlon at Coimbatore for 80 MW interruption power supply, Saint Gobain Phase II at Chennai for 400 MW interruption free power supply, Ashok Leyland - huge capacity, Boeing Aircraft for a very huge capacity, etc. This means that we may experience power cut much more than 60% in the short future !. Where are we industrialists heading ? How can the fixed costs be met ?
4) Just be aware that by increasing the power cut timing to rural Tamilnadu in the past one week, Chennai since yesterday is made power cut free. Are we beonging to Tamilnadu (or) Is Chennai only considered as Tamilnadu ?
5) Pls pass this to all your lucky industrialist friends in T.Nadu (textile / any).
Thanks a lot. That was very comprehensive and exhaustive. It is quite relevant even now. Quite sad to see that the situation haven't changed even now. We are working on a business model to bring in solar energy to tide over this deficiency. Hope to make it a reality.
Class of 2010, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
This is a terrible situation. How casually minister is announcing that there will be power cut other than chennai !!! Why cant the chennai get power cut? Whether the people living there only paying tax? Is there any house in chennai without A.c? They only consuming more power, But for that other areas has to be in dark ? Chennai alone enough for Tamilnadu ? I do know whats going on....
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.