Shilpi_HR Started The Discussion:
I need help from yours in regard to some clarifications on Provident Fund:
1) For PF deduction the ceiling basic salary limit is 6500/-. If basic of a member employee increases beyond Rs. 6500' after his having become a member, Is it mandatory to continue or can stop the contribution in PF?
2) On hiring if basic is already more than 6500/- do we need to contribute in PF as mandatory?
3) Are any companies are there who are not contributing because the basic is more than 6500/-?
Kindly help me in getting my queries resolved.
Thanks & Regards
1.If Any employees jumps to cross the limit of PF Ceiling his PF should be deducted up to cieling limit (6500) but definately to be deducted being he is already a member of PF and can't cease to be until leaves the organisation.
2. In case of a new member it depends whether he is declaring his past association with other companies on form no. 11 or not. IF was getting his PF deducted their it will be deducted in new company and if not it may not be deducted. PF inspectors hold the power to cross verify these form 11 in case of non contribution of employees. It is really not mendatory in case of a fresher who is getting basic more than 6500.
3. YEs definately there a lot of companies which are not deducting the PF of said employees.
Hope it serves your purpose.
PF MUST BE DEDUCTED in all criteria mentioned by you.... within limit or above limit, company must have to deduct the p.f. from salary[basic+d.a.].
if you are deducting pf, whose basic salary is above 6500/- you will have to get fill up form- 26(6) with employee's consent and with company's undertaking.
Vishal - 9825224504
1) If the employee's basic increases beyond Rs.6500/- then the employer have to contribute the minimum amount of Rs.780/-. It is mandatory.
2) On hiring if the basic exceeds 6500/- the PF amount of 780/- has to be deducted if he is aleady a member of PF. Else not required.
3) If the employee joins in the consultant mode then PF does not have to be deducted.
Thanks everyone. Currently we are contributing PF for all employees @12% of basic but we are planning that for junior management we should stop this practice as they cry for more money in hand. Now with all your replies it seems that we have to continue their PF contribution as they are already a member but we can go ahead with only 780/- as contribution. Right? Please confirm.
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> provident fund ceiling limit basic salary call letters pf deduction social security pf contribution Location-India-New Delhi pf form employee share Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions