Manju27 Started The Discussion:
The new and existing employees that are hired in an organization have a certain responsibility towards the organization, society, and the nation, at large. Therefore, it is important to induct the ‘right’ employees in the organization. The traits that these employees personify include teamwork, integrity, commitment, and work ethic.
Roles & Responsibilities for Employees
1. Do Early Homework: Every employee is responsible for understanding the work allotted and determining if it is appropriate for him. He/she should make sure whether he/she has mastered the skills required to perform the task completely. If he/she is not sure about how to handle the work allotted to them they should talk with their superiors and get suggestions and directions in fulfilling the work allotted to him/her. This will help the employee in building good relations with not only their superiors also with their colleagues.
2. Plan with the Manager: Having a proper work schedule or time table for the work allotted to the employee helps the employee in Time Management and reaching the deadlines on time. Also, when a new work is allotted
3. Take Responsibility and Use Available Resources: The employees should have sense of responsibility towards the resources of the Organization. As a part of the Organization every employee is equally responsible for the long life of the existing resources, for which smooth usage and suggestions for usage is required, which in case is not provided should be requested for.
4. Participate: Active listening and participation in teams will ensure that all employees become good team players and work with unity towards common goals of the Organization. Whenever a new work is being allotted all the Employees should be eager enough to take the initiative rather than trying to avoid newer tasks. This will facilitate in employees learning new skills and reaching the Organizational goals with much effectiveness.
5. Be Punctual And Regular: The Prime responsibilities of every employee must be Punctuality and Regularity. You can be better organized by being punctual and regular. Unwanted and unexpected work delays can be dealt effectively
6. Cleanliness is Next To Godliness: One should maintain the cleanliness of their desk, and also premises of the Organization. If you and your premises are clean you will find it more encouraging to work and also it be convenient to work for other employees.
7. Washroom: Please use the washrooms bearing in mind that you are not the only person who is using it. See to it you don’t spill the water across the wash basin when you are using it same with the premises of wash room. Health and Hygiene of you and others should be your prime concern.
Please be organized and contribute to the growth of the Organization. Everyone grows with the Organization. So, Organizational Growth is our Growth.
Maintain Office / Organisation Decorum.Maintain A Quiet Environment And A Clean Desk.
Maintain Proper Hygienic Environment.Adhere To Punctuality On Duty And Lunch Hours.
Inform HRD In Case Of Change In Address,Telephone No. Any Other Relevant Personal Information.
Handle Office Equipments Carefully.
Switch Off PC's And Electrical Appliances Before Leaving The Office Premises.
Strickly Adhere To All Rule And Regulations Of The Company.
Maintain Confidential Information Gained Or Received During The Employment With The Company.
Assist In Maintaining Good And Healthy Relations With Associates And Clients.
Inform The HRD About The OD,Absenteeism,Etc.
Use Screensavers / Backgrounds On PC,Which Are Not Good Taste / Sensibilities Of The Other Employees.
Speak In Any Slang Language,Making Conversation Looking Personal,Thereby Offending Others.
Make Personal Telephone Calls Except When It Is Absolutely Necessary.
Utilize Internet For Requirements Not Pertaining To Office Job.
Gamble Or Consume Alcohol While At Work.Going Out Of The Office For Any Personal Use Daily Twice And More.
Use Of Company's Property For Personal Purposes.Use Of Any Information / Documents Gained Or Received During The Employment For Personal Benefit Or Profit.
HI Manju & Harsha,
ThanQ for your valuable inputs.
Just to add on few:
Be Initiative: Employees can take initiatives for the efforts made by Organisation.
Knowledge Sharing: Not only about the work about also about organisational acheivements , policies etc....
Healthy Competetion: Its inportant to be competetive with our conterparts; at the same time it should be a healthy one
I think Ravi, u have gone through some bad phase with HR hence u think HR is something which is useless or not working properly. but mind its not that every one in HR or all organisations are not same. I think why dont' u join my organisation and watch me working hope ur all problems will vanish.
this is just a suggestion. and sorry if i am hurting any of ur motives.
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> case studies employee responsibilities existing employees induction process Location-India-Hyderabad mutual fund notice board organizational goals pharma selling positive attitude roles and responsibilities time management training session Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions