1. Awareness of your own interaction with other people is the first step in improving your communication skills.
Learn to identify which types of situations make you uncomfortable and then modify your behavior to achieve positive results is a critical step in improving your communication skills.
You can learn to become aware of behaviors in other people that prompt you to respond in negative ways and modify your own behavior to turn the situation into a positive experience.
2. You must accept responsibility for your own behavior and do not fear apologizing for errors in judgment or insensitive actions.
Asking others for honest feedback about the way you interact with others can be very helpful. Accept the negative feedback along with the positive and make changes accordingly.
3. Your non-verbal communication is equally as important as the things that you say. Positive body language is extremely important in your interactions with other people.
If your words and your actions do not match, you will have a difficult time succeeding in social situations.
4. In order to learn how to improve your communication skills, you must become a great listener. You must fight the urge to respond immediately and really listen to what the other person is trying to communicate.
Offering suggestions or criticism before you are certain of the other person's intent can only lead to frustration for both parties.
5. Improving your communication skills is a process and cannot be accomplished overnight . Trying to improve or change too many things at once will be counter-productive.
You will become discouraged and overwhelmed if you attempt to change your entire personality all at once. Choose one or two traits at a time and work on those over a period of time. Learn to take advantage of your personal strengths and make a positive impact on others.
6. Maximize your positive personality traits and use them in your interactions with others. Good communication and great listening skills are the most important tools you can use in improving your communication skills.
You can learn how to improve your communication skills by developing excellent listening skills, learning to resolve problems and conflicts, understanding body language, and accepting responsibility for your own negative behavior.
Determination and self-awareness will make your desire to improve your communication skills a reality.
"We forget that forgiveness is greater than revenge. People make mistakes. We are allowed to make mistakes. But the actions we take while in a rage will haunt us forever.
Pause and ponder. Think before you act. Be patient. Forgive & forget. Love one and all.
If you judge people, you have no time to love them". -- Mother Teresa
Never take some one for granted,Hold every person Close to your Heart because you might wake up one day and realise that you have lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones."
Remember this always in life.
Some Thought on Communication Skill
Awareness of own interaction is necessary. It is true to improve the awareness. Awareness in all respect whether we are in office or home. We should be aware to related works.
I have learnt from your article that I am weak in speaking English but hesitate to accept it. I can imagine and write too but feel hesitation to speak with other people.
I can speak English with our son also but cannot speak English in fluent manner with unknown and unfamiliar person.
Second point is also good but I always give positive points and advice too for be positive always in every circumstances.
It is also true related to responsibility. We should be understand own responsibility and never shy or fear apologies for errors.
We should be accepted negative or positive feedback of our work.
I am also good listener. I never interrupt to other. I always listens everything with cool minded to consider in positive way.
At the end I can understand and always keep in
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.