The objectives of HR are simple indeed. It is achieving of these objectives that represent a challenge!! But I would like HR to set objectives as under:
1) Create an atmosphere conducive to best performance.
2) Develop policies and practices that respect an individual for his competence and contribution and establish a fair (objective) Rewards and Punishment System.
3) Develop a cultural of perpetual learning.
4) Evolve policies and programmes within the organization as would promote a strong organizational orientation.
5) Ensure conformity to formal discipline while promoting informal interactions that is to say, underscore competence, compassion, contribution, collective efforts, dignity and decorum in all that matters to the organization.
Frankly one could list out many more objectives depending upon the need of the organization and its situation vis-a vis markets, competition and the state of technology it has to work with.
In short, the objectives should help the organization to build on its strengths and to reduce, if not eliminate its weaknesses. All efforts should be focussed to make the organization more and more effective each day and HR has a wonderful opportunity as a catalyst and a facilitator (like I had emphasised in another of my responses to another mail a while ago) to contribute in a meaningful way!
I hope this reply assists you.
July 18, 2006
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
4491 views3 replies
Discuss problems with your peers without getting into personal specifics.
Access to years of discussion data available to everyone at no cost.