The objectives of HR are simple indeed. It is achieving of these objectives that represent a challenge!! But I would like HR to set objectives as under:
1) Create an atmosphere conducive to best performance.
2) Develop policies and practices that respect an individual for his competence and contribution and establish a fair (objective) Rewards and Punishment System.
3) Develop a cultural of perpetual learning.
4) Evolve policies and programmes within the organization as would promote a strong organizational orientation.
5) Ensure conformity to formal discipline while promoting informal interactions that is to say, underscore competence, compassion, contribution, collective efforts, dignity and decorum in all that matters to the organization.
Frankly one could list out many more objectives depending upon the need of the organization and its situation vis-a vis markets, competition and the state of technology it has to work with.
In short, the objectives should help the organization to build on its strengths and to reduce, if not eliminate its weaknesses. All efforts should be focussed to make the organization more and more effective each day and HR has a wonderful opportunity as a catalyst and a facilitator (like I had emphasised in another of my responses to another mail a while ago) to contribute in a meaningful way!
I hope this reply assists you.
July 18, 2006
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> pharmaceutical company ts audit Location-India-Chicalim Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions