deepak_dwivedi9 Started The Discussion:
Generally this question is asked by Human Resource professionals, while interviewing candidates, what is the reason to change the job. Incase of HR guys, if attend an interview and such question askes, wat would be your answer?? would you speak the fact?? If yes, most of the cases are hikes in salary, dissatisfaction with the job profile, fed up with recruitment and boss's behaviour is wierd or you will give a fake information for the reason behind...to get the job.
Please think over it and requesting you all, whoever come across this post to give atleast a two lines reply with the answer..:icon5::confused:
If I would go for any interview, I would simply say that I am looking for a change so that I can explore more in HR. Because in my present company, I am reporting to VP HR (though I am a Sr. Executive HR), and the scenario in my company is so, that I will not have any growth in near future, as my VP is the decision maker and I am a kind of secretary to her.
Now if my interviewer would grill me further, I can go in depth, otherwise this is the reason I would like to give.
In general (if we don't want to give too specific/actual reason)we can say "for better growth & opportunity with better learning."
or we can say "professional growth as well as personal growth". If interviewer will ask mean about professional growth we can say new work env. with new challenges, new learnings.
for personal growth we can say growth in monetory terms (tangible growth) and learning through new responsibilities (intangible growth)
Hope I have cleared my points properly and pls correct me if I am wrong in any point.
[In recent days job change is common to young people.......... so ill not go with any answer like that.......... ill go with "career growth", bcoz where ever we go for the job....... there should be a career growth then only one can learn a lot in his job:-D
"Always i adore sharing my views with everyone" :-D
You can say following comments... acc to situation commands...
Good and Big company
- for reputation and working with a bid brand name as you matter.. or to be associated with brand name as yours matters
Change in profile(like MIS executive or something like that)
- for ... i have been working in recruitement for past one year and now i have master in that , its time for me to master in other Hr field also that why???
some middle level company
- for Carrer grwoth and salary hike as in my professional life i require some growth... to rech my deam job and your company provide a perferct platform for same,,,,,
like to have more......
if i asked that why i want to change my present job my answer would be,.....
i have learnt many things in that organisation like blah blah blah and to share my knowledge & experience with others and to learn more in HR field i wanted to change my job.
in short for career growth.
As you have given good answers, which seem to be fit wid the situation. Don't you think a recruiter may ask something related with the answers as:
1. You want to chage for a better growth, knowledge never stops a person to be trained, nowadyas do you think a person needs a school training. It'a all upto you..e.g. if you are conducting a training on six sigma, you should go through the material to atleast have a view of the same and what I feel that's the only way where we all can learn alot, putting our personal effeorts and by utilising the resources lying around us.
2. You want to change as you have been sucked up with a particular function called recruitment & selection, Performance Appraisal, Training & Development, Employee Welfare etc....and that's the reason you are looking for change. Question can be why don't you try to develop other function in your compnay and believe if you successfully start this, you will be the master of that function...Don't you.
Bye the way I really do appreciate all of yours' view...Have a reat time, but if you are attending an interview with a panel of interviwers, your answer shall be WIDE...should not leave s single space for them to ask questions related...
Keep posting your answers and view, will really help us a lot...
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
18105 views59 replies
Topic Categories >> career enhancement career growth employee relations employee welfare head hunting hr field hr functions job change job profile learning curve Location-China mis executive notice period personal growth psychometric test qualified ca recruitment firm roles and responsibilities six sigma training & development
Discuss problems with your peers without getting into personal specifics.
Access to years of discussion data available to everyone at no cost.