Reg: PF Claim settlement procedure and duration - notice period

mster Started The Discussion:


I have worked for software a company in Bangalore for the past 1.5 years and I left the company by giving proper resignation and notice period in the month of Dec-07.

Reg. PF claim (Closing the account not transferring) my HR instructed me to collect the PF claim form from EPF office and ask me to submit the same to them duly filled and stated that they will be sending the form to EPF office directly after completing their part and the amount will be credited into my account within 30 days after the submission.

As instructed by HR I filled the form and gave it to my previous organization. It's almost 4 months over as of now no response from my previous company and I came to know by checking my claim status from that they have not submitted by application in EPF office.

Whenever I call to my previous employer I am not getting proper response. Now I came to know that few of my Ex. Colleagues (resigned a year before) also facing the same problem now I am feeling something going fishy.

Can you kindly let me know the duration take to settle the PF amount and the employer should take to submit the form to EPF office?

Is there any alternate to get the PF settlement soon without approaching my previous employer?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

salonihr -  Member Since: Jun 2008
Hi For PF withdrwal it takes around 45 days to get the money in your account.You check from your HR dept what is the issue for getting delay .If it is not done then you can fill the PF withdrwal form(Form 19) with NSS form and get attested from your previous organization and submit to PF office.You will get your amount in 45 days .

rraoramesh -  Member Since: Aug 2005
I suggest you to send once again duly filled in Form 19 for attestation of your previous employer through registered post. The employer should forward it to PF authorities within 5 days of its receipt (Ref clause 72 5(a) of EPF Act.). The employer cannot misappropriate your PF.

mster -  Member Since: Jun 2008
Thank you for your information Ramesh.

I have email confirmation from my HR for receiving my dully filled form and also documented all the correspondence made with my previous employer.

FYI: I have submitted the form twice to my previous employer. but still no response from their end.

nn_tiwari -  Member Since: Jul 2006
First you should ckeck up with your previous employer that whether they have forwarded your application or not, if they have forwarded pl. ask the date of submission.
If they have not submitted so far you can write a letter to them with CC to concirned RPFC.

arungoin4u -  Member Since: May 2007

Jus to give u some information on PF settlement, if your prev orgn has tied up with RPFC (Govt), then its a non controllable matter with govt offices.

However you can request your prev orgn to share your PF acknowledgement copy i.e on submission of your PF W/L form to RPFC office, they will issue an ack copy on which you can directly contact the RPFC on further status.

Also note, NSSN is no more in place. this policy has been withdrawn by Central PF commissioner effective 1st Jul'08.

So i suggest you to collect the pf ack copy & then follow-up with RPFC to close your pf settlement asap.

Best wishes,


jayesh1 -  Member Since: Jul 2008
dear thanks for giving suggestions, but i actually know about the days after after leaving the conmpany is it 90 days or 45 days

koolfire2006 -  Member Since: Dec 2007
I was working with an organization for 1 yr 10 months, i left the organization in March with a short notice period. They didnt consider my resignantion & reported me as absconded. Can I claim my PF money. Its summing up a huge amount, would be glad to know if i can get some kind of help to proceed.

priju_johnson -  Member Since: Nov 2008
Hi guys,

Please update yourself with latest information on PF claims

Employees' Provident Fund Organisation mulls claims settlement in 3 days

Employer Online Transfer Claim Portal

Click Here for Login Online Transfer Claim Portal


View transfer requests from Members.

Verify details from your records.

Approve information using digital signature.

An Additional feature to complement existing paper claim process.

Multiple authorised signatories can use the facility to verify and approve claim requests.

Dear Employers !!

EPFO introduces a new system to facilitate online submission of transfer claims by Members with an objective to make the transfer process transparent, efficient and comfortable for your employees. You are urged to bring this facility to the notice of all your employees which is available on EPFO's Member portal. A member has an option to submit his claim either through his present employer or the previous one.

You can see all such claim requests with ease, verify/correct member details, approve and submit the requests online through this portal. For online submission of the claims, the Digital signature (Class II or above) of the authorized person is required.

User name and password for this portal is same which is used in ECR portal by the establishments and accordingly may be used with high diligence.




  • Do not post anything derogatory about any company or person.
  • Sharing articles from other websites should be done by posting a link to the original article.
  • To discuss sensitive issues create a pseudo/anonymous account.
  • Please avoid repeat posting your company profile - such accounts are removed automatically.
  • Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Via Google.  

    Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
    Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

    Cite.Co helps people come together to solve each other's problems on all aspects of professional life.
    Share This Discussion:

    3M Users, 100K+ Documents & 450K+ Discussions
    About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
    All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
    Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
    Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network